SLAM!

SUR(VI)VOR Ep. 4: Full Throttle

*The contestants stand behind a row of 19 motorcycles at an MX park. Seven of them are green. Six of them are red. The other six are purple.*

SLAM!: Welcome, survivors! Today, in a challenge inspired by Bennett’s War, you’ll be participating in a Motorcross Race!

Keanu: Well, that’s exciting! I love motorcycles!

elcaballero: No… I couldn’t possibly drive a motorcycle on a dirt track… I’d ruin my clothes…

StarWarsMemer: You can do it, el-jalapeño! Your clothes can always go through the laundry after the challenge!

elcaballero: Well… I suppose you’re right…

YourMother: Did someone say jalapeño?

(Thanos Legion glares at YourMother.)

CONFESSIONAL – Thanos Legion: I cannot believe that YourMother, who sits around eating spicy food and daydreaming about his showmance with DAJK, had the highest average of our team last week. He was not supposed to be a threat… he disrupts the balance

Wrath: Motorcycles are a passion of mine. I’ll be an asset today.

glassfairy: You better be.

PanaMovie: (cocks an eyebrow) I think it’s a little too early to antagonize the other teammates.

Mr Pastaffelees: Okay, everyone! One thing know about a motorcycle is that the brake is your best friend; if you try to make a sharp turn without drifting, you’re in for a bad time! You can also utilize the ground by pushing with your feet!

Rorschach: …That’s all common knowledge, but thanks for the tip!

CONFESSIONAL – Fancyarcher: I don’t think I feel as worried about the Flash Fight results anymore, because I feel like our team is pretty well-rounded now! We definitely got lucky with our new teammates! Though glassfairy seems a little irksome, to put it mildly.

captainwondyful: So this is what they do in the Tour de France…

Claire of Themyscira: Is there any rule against sabotaging the other teams?

DAJK: …Yes. Of course.

Claire of Themyscira: Hmm. That’s too bad.

JJ-8: I’m gonna take my bike to the finish line, I’m gonna RIIIIIIDE ‘til I can’t no more!

Kjtc: If I can swim in a pool of sharks, I can drive a motorcycle… Okay, Kjtc… c’mon… You can do this...

CONFFESSIONAL – ZeeSoh: I’ve been planning on using DAJK to my advantage this season… I think now’s the time to start…

*ZeeSoh pulls DAJK aside.*

ZeeSoh: Listen, friend. How are you planning to race?

DAJK: Well, I was planning on driving as safely as I could…

ZeeSoh: That’s not gonna cut it. You have to be aggressive behind the wheel. If they don’t move out of your way, plow right through them. Alright?

DAJK: I’m not sure if that’s acceptable behavior…

ZeeSoh: I would never tell you to do something that I wouldn’t do myself. Okay?

DAJK: …Okay…

ZeeSoh: Be aggressive.

*ZeeSoh pats DAJK on the back and walks off.*

*All of the contestants line up at the starting line with their bikes.*

Sheikh: I’m not sure if I can do this… The track is so… curvy… and…

chasmmi: Now is not the time to back out, Sheikh.

Sheikh: But…

chasmmi: Do you have a helmet?

Sheikh: Yeah…

chasmmi: Do you have pads?

Sheikh: Yeah…

chasmmi: Then you’re fine. So snap out of it. We need you to race.

(Sheikh looks down at the track and gulps.)

Keanu: Don’t worry, Sheikh! You got this!

*SLAM! aims a pistol towards the sky.*

SLAM!: Ready… Set…

*ZeeSoh winks at DAJK before revving his engine.*

*elcaballero brushes dust off his suit jacket.*

*PanaMovie cocks an eyebrow.*

*StarWarsMemer begins to hyperventilate.*

*glassfairy glares at Kjtc and slides his finger across his throat—this intimidates Kjtc.*

*Sheikh inhales and exhales.*

*Wrath stares down at the track with unbreaking focus.*

*SLAM! fires.*

SLAM!: GO, GO, GO!!

*The contestants burst out of the starting gate at breakneck speed.*

JJ-8: YEAH, I’M RIDING A MOTORCYCLE! (He attempts a wheelie, but he wipes out.)

Fancyarcher: Ouch! It hurts just looking at a fall like that!

Mr Pastaffelees: If you try a wheelie, make sure you keep the front wheel close to the ground!

Fancyarcher: Got it!

*StarWarsMemer spins wildly.*

StarWarsMemer: I’m just learning the ropes here, don’t worry about me…

*Suddenly, a crowd of Bruce Springsteen fans stand in StarWarsMemer’s way.*

Springsteen Fans: We’re angry that Blinded by the Light wasn’t predicted this week, and we’re taking it out on the contestants!

StarWarsMemer: NOOOOOOOOOO!

*StarWarsMemer leaps off of the bike; it crashes and knocks over the Springsteen fans like bowling pins. Keanu grabs StarWarsMemer and helps him onto her bike as she drives around the Springsteen fans.*

Keanu: First time riding?

StarWarsMemer: (sighs) Yeah…

*YourMother is cruising through the course when Thanos Legion comes up from behind.*

Thanos Legion: I belong in the front! It’s the proper balance!

YourMother: Pass me, by all means…

*Thanos Legion speeds past YourMother, but his motorcycle overheats, and he’s forced to wait. YourMother says “sorry” as he drives by.*

*ZeeSoh drives next to chasmmi.*

ZeeSoh: Finally, I get a chance to talk to you!

chasmmi: It seems you do, ZeeSoh.

ZeeSoh: I’m surprised you’re not acting as a saboteur!

chasmmi: I’m just making sure my team does well at the moment. What, you want me to be a villain?

ZeeSoh: I could ask you the same thing.

chasmmi: I don’t have any problem being a villain. I’ll ramp my villainy up to eleven if I have to.

ZeeSoh: As will I. Listen, chasmmi… You better not forget what you’ve done in the past seasons… It could come back to haunt you…

*ZeeSoh breaks away from chasmmi.*

*DAJK is driving through the course. He steps on the gas pedal extremely hard and passes a lot of the other competitors. He attempts to make a sharp turn and barely manages to maintain his hold on the bike. He lets off the gas pedal a little bit.*

DAJK: I’m sorry, ZeeSoh… Maybe next time…

*SLAM! stands at the finish line.*

SLAM!: Who will be the first one across the finish line?

*Thanos Legion, Sheikh, and Keanu (with StarWarsMemer in tow) approach the finish line.*

Thanos Legion: A few more seconds, and we’ll be where we’re supposed to be.

Sheikh: I’m really surprised at myself! I’m pretty good at driving a motorcycle!

Keanu: I knew we could count on you, Sheikh!

StarWarsMemer: If only you could same about me...

*Mr Pastaffelees and Wrath close the gap.*

Mr Pastaffelees: Sorry, friends! But this race belongs to… what’s our team name again… Team Sokovia!

Wrath: As it must. There’ll be hell to pay if we’re third place again.

*Suddenly, elcaballero comes up behind them with uncontrollable speed.*

elcaballero: IF YOU WOULD KINDLY MOVE OUT OF THE WAY!!

*elcaballero crosses the finish line first, much to everyone’s shock.*

SLAM! elcaballero is the first one across the finish line!

Mr Pastaffelees: Huh. They sure did recruit some pretty good players as the replacements…

*Everyone else crosses the finish line. The put their predictions in and stare at SLAM!.*

SLAM!: I’m sure you’re eager to see the results, so here they are!

TEAM ASGARD

Spoiler

elcaballero - 81.63%

Keanu - 76.66%

Sheikh - 75.83%

Thanos Legion - 75.41%

chasmmi - 73.00%

YourMother The Edgelord - 72.21%

StarWarsMemer - 54.21%

Team Average - 72.71%

TEAM SOKOVIA

Spoiler

Mr Pastaffelees - 77.36%

Wrath - 75.65%

PanaMovie - 74.51%

Rorschach - 73.55%

glassfairy - 70.89%

Fancyarcher - 64.68%

Team Average - 72.77%

TEAM WAKANDA

Spoiler

DAJK - 72.95%

ZeeSoh - 70.86%

Kjtc - 67.48%

Claire of Themyscira - 66.71%

JJ-8 - 62.39%

captainwondyful - 61.66%

Team Average - 67.01%

SLAM!: It's official! After a very close race, the winner of the Weekend Challenge is Team Sokovia!

(Fancyarcher cries out in joy as Team Sokovia jumps up and down together.)

SLAM!: And, unfortunately, it's Team Wakanda that must go to Tribal Council. Because DAJK has the highest average in the team, he receives immunity.

Claire of Themyscira: Okay y'all ain't representing the 'Wakanda Forever' vibe at all.

(captainwondyful and JJ-8 frown in sadness.)

SLAM!: Here's all the information you'll for the next Tribal Council and Weekend Challenge:

Spoiler

TUCK SHOP

The Tuck Shop is officially open for business!

Every week, a subset of items will be on sale at the tuck shop. Buy a quick boost now, or wait for something better down the road! Here is everyone's current balance. If you are not listed, you have 0 coins.

The highest scoring member of each team gets two coins.

Every member of the winning team gets three coins.

In the case that a player who did not send in predictions is on the winning team, that player will not receive tuck shop coins.

Current Balance

7: Mr Pastaffelees

5: chasmmi, Claire of Themyscira, DAJK, Fancyarcher, Rorschach, YourMother the Edgelord, ZeeSoh

4: Thanos Legion

3: captainwondyful, glassfairy, Keanu, Kjtc, PanaMovie Sheikh, StarsWarsMemer, Wrath

2: elcaballero

CANDY APPLE - 3 Coins (Gives the average of your predictions a boost of 2%.)

This is the only item on sale this week. PM me if you want it by Thursday, September 5th at 11:59PM PST! Also, remember that you do not need to use it this week! Simply indicate in any challenge when you will be using it!

TRIBAL COUNCIL - FOR TEAM WAKANDA ONLY

Sorry Team Sokovia, but you will be sent to Tribal Council. All team members must send me a PM with who they wish to vote off the island. However, there is hope. The second immunity challenge is also listed below. Winning the challenge will make you immune from elimination for this week.

SECOND IMMUNITY: PREDICT THE FOLLOWING WEDNESDAY GROSSES (NOT PTAS) OF...

Angel Has Fallen

Good Boys

The Lion King

Fast & Furious: Hobbs and Shaw

Tod@a Caen

Votes are due by Thursday at 5PM EST.

Second Immunity Predictions are due by Wednesday, September 4th at 11:59 PM PST.

(I recommend giving your vote alongside your second immunity predictions.)

Good luck to all of the Team Wakanda players!

WEEKEND CHALLENGE #4

PREDICT THE FOLLOWING:

It: Chapter 2 (Friday Actual)

It: Chapter 2 (Saturday Actual)

It: Chapter 2 (3-Day Weekend)

Angel Has Fallen

Good Boys

Ready or Not

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

Brittany Runs a Marathon

Predictions are due by Thursday, September 5th at 11:59 PM PST.

(There will not be a Flash Fight this week.)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, SLAM! said:

It did. For Bennett's War, only three people had a percentage over 0%. It was devastating.

Wait, were things capped at 100% error? I assumed that if actuals were 400k and someone put 1.2M that would be counted as a 200% error for averaging.

5 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Wait, were things capped at 100% error? I assumed that if actuals were 400k and someone put 1.2M that would be counted as a 200% error for averaging.

Any overprediction that was twice or more of the actual was given a 0%.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, SLAM! said:

Any overprediction that was twice or more of the actual was given a 0%.

Ah, I see. That seems a defensible way of scoring but I would have liked to have known about it in advance, since it does affect predicting slightly.    

I’m pretty sure that without that capping Team Asgard would have won this week :sadno:

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 1

@captainwondyful @Claire of Themyscira @DAJK @JJ-8 @Kjtc @ZeeSoh

TRIBAL COUNCIL #2

SLAM!: Welcome, Team Wakanda, to Tribal Council. Here, you will vote to eliminate one of your teammates.

captainwondyful: Oh no... Oh no... Oh no...

Claire of Themyscira: Why so anxious, Cap? You were only the lowest scoring team member...

JJ-8: Hopefully I'm not eliminated! I just got here!

Kjtc: Eh. I just wanna get this over with so I can go take a nap.

*Voting commences.*

captainwondyful: I need to make a good decision... *Jots down a name and places the name in the box.

Claire of Themyscira: Better luck next time... *Places her vote in the box and walks off with swagger.*

DAJK: I'm not really sure who to vote for... *Votes and leaves.*

JJ-8: Um... Uhm.... UHM... *Hurriedly votes.*

Kjtc: *Writes down a name, folds the paper neatly, and places the vote in the box.*

*ZeeSoh remains seated in the stands with his hands behind his head.*

SLAM!: Before I reveal the votes... let's reveal who won the immunity challenge!

captainwondyful: Wait! Before that happens... There's something I want to do!

Spoiler

giphy.gif

captainwondyful: I'm going to spend three Tuck Shop Coins and use a Candy Apple!

*Everyone stares at captainwondyful.*

SLAM!: Fascinating! Now let's reveal who won the Second Immunity Challenge!

Spoiler

ZeeSoh wins with a score of 94.74%!

ZeeSoh: That was a breeze. Why vote for anyone if you know you're going to win? I came up with that strategy just now...

(captainwondyful buries her hands in her face.)

SLAM!: Let's reveal the votes. The first vote:

Spoiler

Claire of Themyscira

SLAM!: The second vote:

Spoiler

JJ-8

SLAM!: The third vote:

Spoiler

Kjtc

SLAM!: The fourth vote:

Spoiler

Kevin

DAJK: Huh? Who's Kevin?

SLAM!: That was probably a typo... In the future, do try to spell who you're voting for correctly.

SLAM!: Second player eliminated off Survivor: Season Six...

Spoiler

*Claire of Themyscira resists the urge to bite her nails.*

Spoiler

*JJ-8 falls into a cold sweat.*

Spoiler

Kjtc: Eh. I had a good run.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

KJTC

SLAM!: You need to bring me your torch.

*Kjtc grabs his torch and starts walking towards SLAM!.*

DAJK: Wait! How did you know it'd be you?

*Kjtc stares back at DAJK.*

Kjtc: Sometimes I just know these things. Plus, that 'Kevin' typo was definitely intended towards me.

*Kjtc walks to SLAM! and sets down his torch.*

SLAM!: Kjtc. The tribe has spoken.

*SLAM! snuffs out Kjtc's torch. Kjtc turns to the other team members.*

Kjtc: Personally, I think you guys are making a mistake. But who am I to judge...

*Kjtc leaves.*

captainwondyful: I used the Candy Apple... For no reason at all...

CONFESSIONAL - Kjtc: Am I sad about being eliminated? Well, yeah. I am. I was doing pretty well as a contestant. I mean, at least I was on Survivor at all. I'm happy about that. Yeah. I'm happy about that. Hopefully I'm a little less gullible back home than I was in the game...

SLAM!: 1 down, 18 to go! Can the contestants survive the next crazy and imaginative challenges? Who will be eliminated next? And how will It: Chapter 2 factor into next week's chapter? Find out on the next episode of Survivor!

Post-Council Story Content

Spoiler

*Claire of Themyscira confronts captainwondyful.*

Claire of Themyscra: Cap. I knew I could do that to you.

captainwondyful: ...What?

Claire of Themyscira: I tricked you into thinking you were getting voted out so you'd waste your Tuck Shop coins.

*captainwondyful gasps. She lays a hand on her heart in shock.*

Claire of Themyscira: If you think you're smart, think again. Of course we'd keep you in the game; you're just a Dumb Blonde that competitors like me and ZeeSoh can easily win against. I can see right through you.

captainwondyful: (begins to cry) There's no reason to be so mean about it...

Claire of Themyscira: Enjoy your candy apple. I bet you've lost your teeth trying to bite into it.

*Claire struts away.*

CONFESSIONAL - captainwondyful: Okay, I know she tricked me in the game, but she cut me deep. Really deep. She'll be out next, mark my words.

*DAJK sits alone at a campfire. He roasts a marshmellow over the fire.*

*We cut to a flashback, where DAJK is talking with Kjtc in a hotel room.*

Kjtc: You did pretty good at the motorcross race, DAJK.

DAJK: I did? But... I didn't do nearly as good as others...

Kjtc: Don't think like that. You won first immunity for a reason, after all.

DAJK: I suppose you're right.

Kjtc: You know, there's something different about the way you participated in the challenge. I'd say you were... What's the word... Aggressive.

*We cut back to DAJK at the campfire. He raises the marshmellow out of the fire and blows the fire on the marshmellow out with a single puff of his breath.*

TO BE CONTINUED

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

@captainwondyful @chasmmi @Claire of Themyscira @DAJK @elcaballero @Fancyarcher @glassfairy @JJ-8 @Keanu @Mr Pastaffelees @PanaMovie @Rorschach @Sheikh @StarWarsMemer @Thanos Legion @Wrath @YourMother the Edgelord @ZeeSoh

Please remember that the predictions for the next Weekend Challenge are due tonight at 11:59 PM PST!

• Like 2

It sucks losing a member...it was nice playing with you @Kjtc I hope we see you soon (and in other games on BOT apart from this one too, like the summer/winter game)

tenor.gif

And my apologies for not getting my vote in..I messed up the deadline (its a headache trying to do it from IST to EST/PST). @SLAM! I saw your msg too late. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

It sucks losing a member...it was nice playing with you @Kjtc I hope we see you soon (and in other games on BOT apart from this one too, like the summer/winter game)

tenor.gif

And my apologies for not getting my vote in..I messed up the deadline (its a headache trying to do it from IST to EST/PST). @SLAM! I saw your msg too late. 

Fun playing with you too!  Wakanda Forever!