RealLyre

Madame Web | February 14, 2024 | Sony Spider-Man Movie I SJ Clarkson to direct

If Sony were to hypothetically tax writeoff this movie i honestly think there would be a celebration from fans or people would not care and move on with their day and not fight for the film to be seen like Batgirl and Coyote vs Acme. 

Nah, even bad movies deserve to at least get a release. Nate Parkers Birth of a Nation got released and by the time it went wide he went from the next wunderkind triple feat to persona non grata. The practice itself is bad regardless of quality.

• Like 3

On 12/12/2023 at 9:13 AM, Morieris said:

I'm far more excited to see people review this movie than the movie itself at this point.

Back in the good old days of Uwe Boll, the reviews were always  more entertaining then his movies.

On 12/12/2023 at 9:37 AM, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

Legit think the combined WW gross of this + Kraven will be less than Morbius.

Pretty clear the Live Action Spiderverse, with the exception of Venom, is not working very well.

I still wonder why the hell they chose Madame Webb. I can think of  quite a few Spiderverse charecters who would have a better thence then Madame Webb. No one but the hard core Spiderman fans have even heard of her.

Movie looks so cheap. I guess it will open more than 20 million on its 4 day weekend, don’t be surprised if it opens lower than Blue beetle’s 25 million. Also legs are gonna be really bad for this one.

On 1/9/2024 at 6:47 AM, SpiderByte said:

Nah, even bad movies deserve to at least get a release. Nate Parkers Birth of a Nation got released and by the time it went wide he went from the next wunderkind triple feat to persona non grata. The practice itself is bad regardless of quality.

People who one stock in a film studio would disagree. It costs tens of million to release a movie. Why should a studio release a movie it thinks is almost certainly to tfail and add to the inevitable red ink?