RealLyre

Madame Web | February 14, 2024 | Sony Spider-Man Movie I SJ Clarkson to direct

4 hours ago, John Marston said:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/madame-web-bomb-killed-sony-franchise-1235829471/

a revealing article. Sony actually thought this was going to start a franchise right up to the last minute lol

"“On Wednesday night, you could actually watch advance purchase sales declining in real time as buyers were refunding their tickets,” marvels a major theatrical chain insider. “It really says something when you’d rather have Shazam! 2 numbers.”"

:sadwillie: I imagine their face looked like this at Sony as they watched people refunding their tickets lol

• Haha 1

On 11/15/2023 at 5:27 PM, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Looks like another slice of glorious Sony schlock. Especially if those insane plot leaks end up being true. I expect this to suck, but at least it'll be a hilariously entertaining mess unlike The Marvels. I actually think this could make more than that.

Mr Rogers Clown GIF

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Mr Rogers Clown GIF

But I thought that BadOlCatSylvester was a prophet :ohmygod:

But still DW you're one of the most accurate users on this forum. I think the only 3 who are more accurate than you are 3) Bob Train, 2) Relevation, and 1) Legion Again. But there is some wiggle room for places 4-2.

Edited by HummingLemon496
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Justin said:

I don’t get how this guy and Burk Sharpless keep getting work. They wrote so much garbage and yet they still keep getting hired to write films. I already knew Madame web was doomed when the first trailer came out and the fact these guys were the writers. 

Presented without comment:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR9LTKPZTiAmdhnZsQTOqgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQe6PHq5OU29Q6UE8DoH6e

MV5BMTc0Njc1MTU5Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjA4images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSQX_39GAE9caPnge5G42

1 hour ago, HummingLemon496 said:

But I thought that BadOlCatSylvester was a prophet :ohmygod:

But still DW you're one of the most accurate users on this forum. I think the only 3 who are more accurate than you are 3) Bob Train, 2) Relevation, and 1) Legion Again. But there is some wiggle room for places 4-2.

Might be the most second-hand embarassment I've ever had reading a post

please stop cheerleading

Edited by JustLurking
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

11 hours ago, John Marston said:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/madame-web-bomb-killed-sony-franchise-1235829471/

a revealing article. Sony actually thought this was going to start a franchise right up to the last minute lol

Even the most optimistic members here knew this movie had no chance, Sony execs can’t be that stupid

56 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Even the most optimistic members here knew this movie had no chance, Sony execs can’t be that stupid

they're not. Nothing in the article implied Sony believed in 2024 this film was on track to be a franchise starter and the film shows clear signs of being changed to avoid tainting other films by association with this one (no post credits scene, ADRing and editing out lines that connected this film explicitly to Peter Parker)

• Like 1

On 2/19/2024 at 11:17 AM, SpiderByte said:

Behind the scenes and interview stuff makes it very clear that Sydney Sweeney does not know there's a difference between the Sony spinoffs and the MCU outright and very much thinks she's in the main MCU.

Which I guess maybe they may show up in Secret Wars (they brought back Anson Mount after all) but yeaaaaah

Half of the press doesn't, either.  "How does it feel to join the Marvel Universe??" they continue to ask...

The best part of my screening was the Dune 2 trailer. Reserved tickets for my group right after. Thank you, Spider Professor X.

The movie in itself was passable until Dakota Johnson actually meets the three girls. That's when everything just falls apart. When I went into the movie, I naturally assume she would have Spiderman like powers. Turns out it was only some sort of pseudo-kinetic powers. It's a damn crying shame, but the ending shot of her made me laugh so hard that my sides hurt. 

On 2/19/2024 at 8:07 AM, Justin said:

I don’t get how this guy and Burk Sharpless keep getting work. They wrote so much garbage and yet they still keep getting hired to write films. I already knew Madame web was doomed when the first trailer came out and the fact these guys were the writers. 

They are not the only ones I ask that question about: How the hell do they keep getting hired?

If the films they wrote made money, i would get it.  Lotso filmd with bad scripts make money, sad to say. But these guys films seem to lose money or barely break even.