Eric S'ennui

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

Just now, infamous5445 said:

I'll actually be shocked if NWH stays above 70 on Metacritic, that would be really good

Me too, i think it will eventually land in high 60's on meta like Infinity War.

Seems like both share some problems, which i think bodes well for Spidey when it comes to audience reception since IW with those "problems" was more beloved than EG afterall.

Just now, ThomasNicole said:

Me too, i think it will eventually land in high 60's on meta like Infinity War.

Seems like both share some problems, which i think bodes well for Spidey when it comes to audience reception since IW with those "problems" was more beloved than EG afterall.

IW was a bit more loved by the fanbase, EG did play a bit better for the general audience, probably because it was more cathartic. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

She liked it, not very much (she said for months the movie have major problems on production so i think she just need to go along now with the finish product), but enough for a fresh review

It's going to be fresh but she is going to nitpick to death, that is how she operates, she does not want to keep away the MCU fandom of her videos.

The movie could be a 10/10 but she won't accept it because the fact that goes against her "reports" that the movie was a mess and screened badly.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Product Driven Legion said:

I think IW is better liked by the GA too. Hard to measure though.

Possible, but the only places where I've seen IW outscore EG are online metrics and EG did outdo IW in most GA polling. Reception for both was strong enough that the discussion is sort of academic. Plus I hardly even care, they are practically tied at the top in terms of my MCU ranking. 

Edited by Menor
  • Like 1

My surprise level here is zero. Marvel isn't known for its track record with slower character/family movies following an Oscar win -- they're known for pulling off satisfying crossover megaevents which at first blush seem to have too many characters to flow well.   

But I didn't really think it would matter BOwise of it got 55 and I don't really think reviews matter much if it gets more like 95 either.

• Like 2
  • Knock It Off 1

1 minute ago, Fox20 said:

It's going to be fresh but she is going to nitpick to death, that is how she operates, she does not want to keep away the MCU fandom of her videos.

The movie could be a 10/10 but she won't accept it because the fact that goes against her "reports" that the movie was a mess and screened badly.

Or she’ll spin it as “they pulled it off in spite of its issues!” Shes a masterful con who knows how to work the net. My evil half kinda respects that.

• Haha 2
  • Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, Menor said:

Possible, but the only places where I've seen IW outscore EG are online metrics and EG did outdo IW in most GA polling. Reception for both was strong enough that the discussion is sort of academic. Plus I hardly even care, they are practically tied at the top in terms of my MCU ranking. 

Agreed with the last two sentences. As to the first, I think IW was hurt by people ending up with crying 6 year olds at the end.   

Not to make everything about SW, but I expect IW's ending will lead to to age better like ESB.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Menor said:

IW was like red wedding on GOT. Even with something that on paper should’ve turned people off, instead it added a YOU GOTTA SEE THIS hype level. 

My opening night crowd being in shock and leaving that theater like it was a funeral is a memory I’ll always carry.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Product Driven Legion said:

My surprise level here is zero. Marvel isn't known for its track record with slower character/family movies following an Oscar win -- they're known for pulling off satisfying crossover megaevents which at first blush seem to have too many characters to flow well.   

But I didn't really think it would matter BOwise of it got 55 and I don't really think reviews matter much if it gets more like 95 either.

True I guess for me i was still apprehensive cause it had been primarily the Russo Brothers and M&M handling those duties since Civil War. But glad to see  Watts and McKenna & Sommers seemingly handle it well. 

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr
  • Like 1

I think IW generate this feel of being better received now because it's bombastic for 150 minutes straight, it's probably the MCU movie that get close to feel like a comic book in movement.

EG is definitely the better movie, but it's way more focused on the characters development and finishing their plots, coming for the bombastic feeling only in it's final 30 minutes.

Based on what i read it feels like NWH is closer to IW, being 150 minutes of pure and unashamed fun, which is great, i think that's exactly what people wants to watch it dozen times, theaters will be very happy.

All the 3 movies of the trilogy will have at least a 85% RT and around 70 on Metacritic, given how Iron Man or Star Wars lost their way it's impressive. I remember the doubts and cheap shots before Homecoming was released. If you read back its thread it was so toxic.

Even more impressive thinking the state of the franchise after TASM2.

Edited by XO21