Eric Lasagna

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

2 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Damn, there's a reason why Marvel wants to keep Jon Watts. 100% still with 25 reviews now!

But sadly the man is very bad visually, the first 2 Spidey movies are pretty ugly, NWH doesn't look better on trailers.

I'm very worried about FF in his hands, but i hope the experience teach him to compose greater shots.

Still i respect the fact that he manage to go along with the studio desires without lose control.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Product Driven Legion said:

Agreed with the last two sentences. As to the first, I think IW was hurt by people ending up with crying 6 year olds at the end.   

Not to make everything about SW, but I expect IW's ending will lead to to age better like ESB.

This is true, there is definitely some evidence that downer endings artificially deflate the Cinemascore/polling. 

2 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I think IW generate this feel of being better received now because it's bombastic for 150 minutes straight, it's probably the MCU movie that get close to feel like a comic book in movement.

EG is definitely the better movie, but it's way more focused on the characters development and finishing their plots, coming for the bombastic feeling only in it's final 30 minutes.

Based on what i read it feels like NWH is closer to IW, being 150 minutes of pure and unashamed fun, which is great, i think that's exactly what people wants to watch it dozen times, theaters will be very happy.

IW and EG were aiming at different things. IW nails what it's trying to do really well for me, as does EG, but I don't think the latter is necessarily superior. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Product Driven Legion said:

Agreed with the last two sentences. As to the first, I think IW was hurt by people ending up with crying 6 year olds at the end.   

Not to make everything about SW, but I expect IW's ending will lead to to age better like ESB.

Alternatively, Endgame was hurt with my favorite character didn’t have the exact ending of my dreams and it’s been three years and I’m still better about it. Because that definitely exists.  😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Product Driven Legion said:

Far more crying during Endgame by adults (raises hand) - probably because most adults knew the important IW deaths weren't permanent.   I love both and consider them top tier CBMs but Endgame moved and gutted me.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

But sadly the man is very bad visually, the first 2 Spidey movies are pretty ugly, NWH doesn't look better on trailers.

I'm very worried about FF in his hands, but i hope the experience teach him to compose greater shots.

Still i respect the fact that he manage to go along with the studio desires without lose control.

Trailers were ugly looking but the TV spots have shown some nice-looking Dr Strange visuals. From watching a few which repeat some trailer scenes, some scenes in the trailers definitely had very unfinished effects. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Product Driven Legion said:

Marvel isn't known for its track record with slower character/family movies following an Oscar win -- they're known for pulling off satisfying crossover megaevents which at first blush seem to have too many characters to flow well.  

What kind of crappy comparison is this even?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Knock It Off 1

2 minutes ago, Menor said:

Trailers were ugly looking but the TV spots have shown some nice-looking Dr Strange visuals. From watching a few which repeat some trailer scenes, some scenes in the trailers definitely had very unfinished effects. 

God i hope so, i'm not watching TV spots but the trailers indeed looks horrible, both the effects and the grey overall look.

I will be very upset if they manage to make a movie with Strange looks unnapealing, but the spots looking better is a good sign.

Fingers crossed for DS2, this one needs to look spectacular.

God i hope so, i'm not watching TV spots but the trailers indeed looks horrible, both the effects and the grey overall look.

I will be very upset if they manage to make a movie with Strange looks unnapealing, but the spots looking better is a good sign.

Fingers crossed for DS2, this one needs to look spectacular.

For me DS2 visuals are an easy win, I mean Derrickson already nailed the DS visuals for the most part in the last movie so just rinse and repeat should do it, the multiverse premise gives a great opportunity to showcase some imaginative and cool stuff as well. Hopefully Raimi takes it. 

• Like 1

In 3 months everyone will back to the obvious, Spider Man 2 will always be the best.

Didn't happen for Spider-Verse, plenty of people still rank that one first, though its lower viewership compared to the live-action ones means that 2 keeps the crown in terms of popularity. 

• Like 7