The Wild Eric

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

4 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Why do so many fans not like FFH? I'm surprised many place TASM2 and SM3 over it.

Can't speak for others but I absolutely hate PP's school mates and the whole movie is those annoying fuckers on a bus or in a hotel or wherever. I just hate them period. Also, nothing interesting about PP's friendship with Ned who serves no purpose but the fat comic relief stereotype. PP and Harry had stakes. This bozo is waste of time and makes me wanna punch the screen.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Why do so many fans not like FFH? I'm surprised many place TASM2 and SM3 over it.

High school summer vacation. Good.

Tom & Zendaya love story. Good.

Spider-Man story. Bad.

Plot involving EDITH. Bad.

Most of us here, last 2 points were deal breaker.

Edited by charlie Jatinder

The EDITH stuff is a bit silly but it does serves to emphasise again the tug and pull between what Peter wants and what the world needs from Spider-Man. He is still very much in high school and has experienced huge universe changing traumatic events Tobey and Andrew never experienced. No wonder the kid wanted a break.

9 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Can't speak for others but I absolutely hate PP's school mates and the whole movie is those annoying fuckers on a bus or in a hotel or wherever. I just hate them period. Also, nothing interesting about PP's friendship with Ned who serves no purpose but the fat comic relief stereotype. PP and Harry had stakes. This bozo is waste of time and makes me wanna punch the screen.

False, vast majority of the screentime is on Peter, not a whole lot on his "school mates," especially Ned. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Menor said:

False, vast majority of the screentime is on Peter, not a whole lot on his "school mates," especially Ned. 

Tbh that’s kind of the problem. The world around Spidey that’s like not Avengers are basically props.

3 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Tbh that’s kind of the problem. The world around Spidey that’s like not Avengers are basically props.

Not a big issue, there was no need to spend time giving much focus to Ned or whoever else. The more interesting story was Peter's. 

Edited by Menor

1. Spider-Man 2
2. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
3. Spider-Man
4. Spider-Man 3
5. Spider-Man: Homecoming
6. Spider-Man: Far From Home
7. The Amazing Spider-Man
8. The Amazing Spider-Man 2

I like the top 5, top 3 are great. No idea where No Way Home might place, it sounds more fun than good.

1. Spiderman 2 (best comic book film)

2. Spiderman 1 

3. Spiderverse

4. Spiderman 3 (all the pieces here are good but it’s overstuffed and needed more time to develop everything properly, has more style and heart than a lot of the newer comic book movies still)

5. Spiderman Homecoming (mediocre and mostly boring anytime Michael Keaton is off screen)

6. TASM (retread of the first Raimi film, overly dark and boring)

7. TASM 2 (a total mess but looks great visually, Paul Giamatti is hilarious)

8. Spiderman FFH (I don’t care that they changed the character so much, I care that this new version of Spidey is uninteresting)

3 minutes ago, Menor said:

Not a big issue, there was no need to spend time giving much focus to Ned or whoever else. The more interesting story was Peter's. 

I don’t really give a shit about Ned, he’s a wannabe Ganke but like for me the most interesting component of Spider-Man movies, tv shows, games, etc has been the world around Spidey, not interacting with The Avengers or stopping world ending threats. A good example is Aunt May knowing Spidey’s secret this early could be a good point from drama but it’s thrown aside for cheap jokes with Happy. Same for MJ, as Zendaya is a great actress but we don’t know much about her or her agency other than she and Peter are together and she’s snarky. The dramatic elements apart from death of Tony are tossed aside for quick jokes and for me, it’s boring and it makes me feel (among other issues) make me question why Spider-Man is in this film when it could be any other teen hero.

ITSV > SM2 >>>>>>>>>>>> the others

I also personally like the Edith storyline, because I’m a big believer that Tony Stark is actually a super villain. And that storyline was straight up to supervillain tomfoolery. 

• Thanks 1

My ranking:

1. Into the Spider-Verse - 10/10

2. Spider-Man 2 (2004) - 10/10

3. Spider-Man (2002) - 9.5/10

4. Homecoming - 9/10

5. Far From Home - 8.5/10

6. The Amazing Spider-Man - 8/10

7. Spider-Man 3 - 6.5/10

8. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 5/10