kayumanggi

DHD Friday (03.23) 68.25 M | THE HUNGER GAMES (Crow-serving on-going :))

None of this adds up. The figures she quotes for NM and TDK and DH2 don't add up. The numbers she's throwing out here don't add up either. It makes no sense, and I don't understand why out of the blue, she would decide to report like this

But the showtimes are listed with the other Friday showtimes

That doesn't matter. Friday midnights are listed with Thursday showtimes as well. Now Lionsgate could always fudge it, but the other studios will audit. Take a look at the Disney/Sony cat fight a few years ago over SM3 and Pirates 3.

Easily the most impressive BO opening of all time. I was not even aware about the movie 3 months back and its behaving like a sequel.

Nice to see you here keyserIndeed. It really doesn't matter what this finishes with for the OW, its the fact that this just came out of nowhere to turn into a historic opener. It's mindboggling

If we take the figure she quotes for DH2 and apply it to 4375 theaters, we get a figure of 56.99M. This is neither what it did in total, nor what it did on Friday without midnights.So again, take all of this with a grain of salt. This is idiotic reporting

Yeah, that was my point. Here are the other "averages"Dark Knight $12,219 x 4,366 = $53,348,154New Moon: $14,504 x 4,024 = $58,364,096Breaking Dawn: $11,185 x 4,061 = $45,422,285Everything about that is completely wack
  • Like 1

That doesn't matter. Friday midnights are listed with Thursday showtimes as well. Now Lionsgate could always fudge it, but the other studios will audit. Take a look at the Disney/Sony cat fight a few years ago over SM3 and Pirates 3.

I'm fine with that. But that still doesn't solve our dilemma here :lol:

None of this adds up. The figures she quotes for NM and TDK and DH2 don't add up. The numbers she's throwing out here don't add up either. It makes no sense, and I don't understand why out of the blue, she would decide to report like this

Me neither, it's driving me nuts. For years it's been straight forward dollar estimates, but the biggest release so far this year she decides to go with monkey math fluctuating theater averages???

Anything above 60M OD is amazing, honestly couldn't ask for more, only a few months ago 60m was a very out there prediction.

Edited by Totem
  • Like 1

Maybe Lionsgate doesn't know how to report numbers these big so they're just scrambling to give something. I can't wait to see Nikki mess with us on TDKR OW

I will gouge out my eyes if that happens with TDKR, the most important box office weekend of the year, and she messes with us. I'm already developing a headache from this.