sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Estimates - Jokah 55, Addams 30.3, Gemini 20.5, Abominable 6.2, Downton 4.9 | Parasite generates 125.4K PTA (highest since La La Land)

37 minutes ago, RthTIFF said:

Sat Looking J 22, TAF 11.8, GM 7.7, Jexi 1.2. Parasite same Fri

Expecting roughly:
Joker 55 wknd
TAF 30 wknd
GM 21 wknd  
Jexi 3.25 wknd   

Could I trouble either of you for an Abominable number?

Edited by Thanos Legion

1 hour ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

so if openings OUATIH may barely crack 400m WW

Barely makes it sound bad?

Wasn’t $400m thrown around by the trades as the complete breakeven point, including marketing. 

Not many films do that from theatrical release alone these days. 

5 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Guess Addams family was too much for it this weekend. Final legs will be kind of dissapointing

Hasn’t Abominable been disappointing since its first day? 

Just realised they opened it in 4,242 cinemas and its stuck in the mid $40m’s in its third weekend. Oooof 😳

Edited by Krissykins

1 hour ago, Claudio said:

I think Joker will land at high 900m marking it the biggest R rated movie of all time , the first comic book movie to land in 900 range and the highest grossing villain standalone movie. Although , I really hope Joker hits a billion mark cause it deserves it way more than overrated Aquaman.

Aquaman >>>>> Joker

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Hasn’t Abominable been disappointing since its first day?

Sure, but I think there was some room for a 21->75 kind of run, seems like it'll be more 21->60-65.

Edited by Thanos Legion

Yeah, looks like 55. Definitely great and much better than general predictions heading I to the weekend, but obviously the signs for 60 were encouraging, so I can see how some of us will be sad it missed it. No reason for that to overshadow its tremendous hold. 

And, of course, the real standout continues to be its international reception. If we're looking at 320-330 OS at the end of this weekend, that is simply phenomenal and if nothing else, puts Deadpool 2 WW square in its sights. 

18 minutes ago, troyand said:

So Parasite's number should be at least $360k 3-day and $120k PTA.

and $120k PTA makes it the 10th highest PTA of all time among the live-action pictures at least....:blink:

Well, thinking abt that, I remebered that TLK still hold the record for biggest PTA, that made me think whether Endgame biggest theatre break that. FWIW, it came very close. Just 50k short, and may be if EG was released only in one theatre, it would have gotten that record.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Well, thinking abt that, I remebered that TLK still hold the record for biggest PTA, that made me think whether Endgame biggest theatre break that. FWIW, it came very close. Just 50k short, and may be if EG was released only in one theatre, it would have gotten that record.

That's insane. What theater was it, Empire?

using 20-25% Sun drop

22 (+29.4%)

16.5-17.6 (- 20-25%)

= 55.5-56.7

Would need to add 1.9-1.95x the 2nd weekend to hit 300. Feel it's a lock especially as the studio won't let it end at say 295+ anyway. Not that it needs any help. 325+ is a realistic target. Could also get an awards bounce.

Edited by a2k

17 minutes ago, Nerfy said:

That's insane. What theater was it, Empire?

The orig TLK was Radio City Music Hall 5000 approx seats per session and selling out(something around $25 ticket) , it was also El Capitan in LA. Both theatres had exclusive 1st wk 

Edited by RthTIFF
  • Thanks 2