sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Estimates - Jokah 55, Addams 30.3, Gemini 20.5, Abominable 6.2, Downton 4.9 | Parasite generates 125.4K PTA (highest since La La Land)

1 minute ago, a2k said:

Joker's multi is 2.00x (192.73/96.20) after 10-days.

Went past BVS's.

I remember Box Office's Long Range forecast giving it a 2.1 OW to final multiplier. So it's going to drop dead tomorrow. 

Looks like Saturday increases were low for all movies, even animated ones only increased 50% or less. Weird Saturday all around, but this could help Sunday holds for all movies.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

I remember Box Office's Long Range forecast giving it a 2.1 OW to final multiplier. So it's going to drop dead tomorrow. 

Looks like Saturday increases were low for all movies, even animated ones only increased 50% or less. Weird Saturday all around, but this could help Sunday holds for all movies.

Sun drop of 20% will give it 57.2 weekend and ~195 cume.

194.9 + 57.2*2.25 = 323.6

194.9 + 57.2*2.5 = 337.9

4 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

That's a ridiculous hold even removing France and Germany out since it will be 104M over 3 days where as 152M was over all different opening combinations last week with a number of Wednesday/Thursday openers

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

I don't understand the parents that take their kids to see Addams Family instead of Abominable. 

Addam's Family had a much more aggressive marketing campaign and the early 90s live-action movies are always on TV at this time of year. Considering how much non-Disney family fare has been more miss than hit in recent years, it pushed all the right buttons.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I don't understand the parents that take their kids to see Addams Family instead of Abominable. 

Again, nostalgia is a hell of a drug. The first 90s movie was huge back in the day (adjusts to almost 245M), and the kids who saw it now have kids of their own. Also helps, at least here in the States, the first movie and Family Values air every year on cable in October, so the property gets new fans every year.

Welcome to a world where only things people recognize make money

• Like 2

I love the big / positive surprise in numbers that Joker (and others in the past) put up. Keeps things interesting. The whole weekend though is weird for all films, weak Friday and Saturday increases across the board.... makes me wonder if the weird holiday stretch with some schools out this weekend (13% if I remember right on Friday) just skewed everything.