sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Estimates - Jokah 55, Addams 30.3, Gemini 20.5, Abominable 6.2, Downton 4.9 | Parasite generates 125.4K PTA (highest since La La Land)

1 hour ago, Geo1500 said:

@Charlie Jatinder @nguyenkhoi282

How is Joker's chances of 1 Billion looking. Share us with some of your inside info

Lmao why am i in the same sentence as Charlie? I only extrapolate. 

I wouldn't bet on it, all i can assume is anywhere from 850M - 1.00B

Edited by nguyenkhoi282

Joker probably needs 2 more good weeks for 600m+. I think it can co exist with Malficent plus its playing well everywhere including leggy markets where multiple movies can co exist. I think it will hit that target and that should be enough for 950m WW. Needs 650m for 1Billie or Domestic/OS split of 370/630. I would say 30% chance at this point based on 2nd weekend holds.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Joker probably needs 2 more good weeks for 600m+. I think it can co exist with Malficent plus its playing well everywhere including leggy markets where multiple movies can co exist. I think it will hit that target and that should be enough for 950m WW. Needs 650m for 1Billie or Domestic/OS split of 370/630. I would say 30% chance at this point based on 2nd weekend holds.

Thank you, Keysah, foh youh input on Jokah. Fingahs crossed foh many moh good weeks  in US and OS mahkets. Hopefully, it hits the billie tahget like Chahlie wants it. 

1 hour ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

Lmao why am i in the same sentence as Charlie? I only extrapolate. 

I wouldn't bet on it, all i can assume is anywhere from 850M - 1.00B

You made 1050M prediction which was precise in the Aladdin OS thread. You went up in creds after that.  I know your being polite and humble which is a good gesture but I think you deserved the shout out

Posted B (370/680)
Edited by Geo1500

1 hour ago, keysersoze123 said:

Good take. I see it slighly as 50/50. This movie is the biggest surprise of the year by far. I kinda knew it was bound to reach great heights as soon as I saw the first overseas opening weekend both est and actuals. It was major surprise. I knew it was gonna be a hit in the US but not in OS markets

Edited by Geo1500

HUGE day in Salt Lake. Multiple front row sellouts tonight in the larger West Jordan Cinemark that had some auditoriums last night in the 70% range. Sugarhouse has been in the 98-100% range since 6:00 PM. I know it sounds crazy but some of these rooms look an awful lot like they did last Saturday.

I'm guessing at least a 40% bump today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Astonished 2

1 minute ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I thought it will be better to give an update post midnight, but whatever.

22 is what I think.

So right around 30% then. Again decent for an R rated film that is already playing way higher than normal. Definitely sets up around a 55m weekend. 

• Like 1