sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Estimates - Jokah 55, Addams 30.3, Gemini 20.5, Abominable 6.2, Downton 4.9 | Parasite generates 125.4K PTA (highest since La La Land)

30% Sun is realistic, though given last Sunday's hold and Monday holiday, it could end up closer to 25%. Not gonna make that big a difference in the end. That Sat increase was just too small for the weekend to get close to 60, but amazing nonetheless. 

Over Suicide Squad as the target for me, at the moment - dependent on how this week goes.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, peludo said:

have grown a lot in last 15 years: Brazil, Mexico, some Asian countries like Indonesia, Philippines, Malaysia... To make 1 billion 15 years ago was nearly a miracle

Markets gradually expands, shrinks and evolves , 15 years ago we didnt have China we had Japan.

Now Japan just watches musicals and kids movies for god knows why.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TMP said:

Using Wonder Woman's incredibly rounded off 4x multiplier, Joker would finish at $384m

Wonder Woman had summer weekdays. That makes it's 43% hold even more astonishing. If Joker matches every weekend hold of Wonder Woman it won't get close to 4x due to lower weekday strength.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, TMP said:

Using Wonder Woman's incredibly rounded off 4x multiplier, Joker would finish at $384m

I just can't see 4x at the moment. This weekend's pattern, while resulting in a great overall number, makes it difficult to judge what happens next. Will it remain a strong weekday performers, with weak Saturdays and Sundays? Still quite up in the air.

28 minutes ago, baumer said:

This second weekend of 57-60 million for Joker is bat shit crazy.  This is even more surprising, imo, than the opening weekend.  I personally don't know anyone who has seen it who has really liked it.  I know there are people here who did, but I mean my friends and colleagues.....this hold of a around 40-45% is just nuts.

I love how about 4 or 5 of us all had the same gripes with it 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TMP said:

Yeah, there were probably a few people who already made it, but I couldn't find one online so I made that really quick. I just didn't know that twitter influencers use BOT lol.

@aabattery and his "Fuck them Netflix shows" meme in the Blade thread also got stolen by some Twitter punk

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1