TMP

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania | February 17, 2023 | Competing with Eternals on RT, Competing with BvS on box office legs

Just now, Reddroast said:

Do tickets go on sale tomorrow

I think @datpepper mentioned that Marvel isn't going that route this time because this isn't going to be one of their big openers. I think sometime near the end of the NFL playoffs (though obviously before the Super Bowl) they'll drop a "Special Look" and tickets will go on sale. End of January maybe with the NFC/AFC finals.

4 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

What an insanely jarring tonal shift for this franchise and even from the last trailer. Isn't Ant Man supposed to be fun?

Peyton Reed talked about how he really wanted an Ant-Man movie that people could take seriously, that could be big in scope and stakes.

And that can be fun too. Looking at comments on social media, I think a lot of people are ready for this tone.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

Remember the last one made only 480m without China and Russia. It will have to really pick up the slack in other markets 

You'd think people would be more interested after Endgame though  He played a pretty sizeable role in that movie. Ant-Man 2 was kind of a filler movie but this one definitely seems more important to the Multiverse saga.

Edited by poweranimals
  • Like 1

If some reports are true, then it seems like Marvel Studios may delay The Kang Dynasty by one year. What's the point of introducing Kang this far away if we are going to see him as big bad in 2026? No wonder why MCU is losing its audience.

Edited by Factcheck
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 3

2 hours ago, John Marston said:

Remember the last one made only 480m without China and Russia. It will have to really pick up the slack in other markets 

Ant Man and The Wasp competition: Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom, Hotel Transylvania 3, plus Incredibles 2 in Europe.

Quantumania competition: Knock at the Cabin, Magic Mike's Last Dance, Cocaine Bear, Creed III

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Verrows said:

Boyfriend said it best.

"Finally, a Marvel movie that looks like it means something again".

Wakanda Forever was meaningful but in its own contained way. And I know people were getting tired of Marvel movies being ads for the next ones but lately Marvel really has been missing that - the weight and stakes of an over arching story.

Looks great! Sticking with my $110M 3-day predict. I don't know if people are already factoring in the inflated Sunday factor due to a Monday holiday with their under $100M predicts but I think that's what'll make the difference.

So, people just dont know waht they want. Got it. I just hope marvel ignores every take they see online since it seems most of you have the decisiveness of a cat

1 hour ago, Factcheck said:

If some reports are true, then it seems like Marvel Studios may delay The Kang Dynasty by one year. What's the point of introducing Kang this far away if we are going to see him as big bad in 2026? No wonder why MCU is losing its audience.

Thank god that they havent lost their audience yet

22 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Trailer was trippy/cool but gives away way too much.

Probably true -- but to be fair, no one really knows this, unless they've seen the movie already.  Trailers are often calculated to generate moments of anticipation...they don't promise to correlate to the way the final film's narrative actually plays out. 

1 hour ago, Factcheck said:

Did you forget that Thanos first appeared at the end of The Avengers in 2012...and was not featured as a full-on villain until 2018?  That's a looong birth for a franchise, relatively.  And anyway, this Ant-Man Kang may not even be *the* same Kang that will feature in Kang Dynasty...just as Loki's Kang was not this same guy, either. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Jeight said:

Thank god that they havent lost their audience yet

They have already lost some audience, and more will lose interest in MCU if they delay Avengers 5 by one year. In key markets like South Korea, they are losing audiences because people don't want to watch another 10+ movies and 15+ shows to get to the Avengers movies.

• Like 1