TMP

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania | February 17, 2023 | Competing with Eternals on RT, Competing with BvS on box office legs

I think Feige might want to take a page out of Gunn's apparent philosophy for the new DCU:  Don't start filming projects until you have a rock-solid script locked in.

My guess is the unevenness of Phase 4 had a lot to do with the determination to roll cameras and hit release dates and hope you could work out any script issues as you go.  But with Feige being stretched over so many projects now, there's a lot more variability in the end result.

I wonder if Marvel will move toward hiring more experienced writers, instead of so many up-and-comers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

That's the problem, MCU want you to care about him.

Multiverse of Madness and Thor 4 disagree.

Wakanda Forever as well.

Just now, AJG said:

In all fairness… the reviews for most of the New and Upcoming Films look kinda middling

EFDD639-B-54-B3-475-B-AB4-D-07186-FB4-AE

In fairness to what?

• Like 1

Just now, OncomingStorm93 said:

RT has taken down the live % lol

Every single major release people claim RT is in on a conspiracy when it always crashes when a bunch of reviews are uploaded at once. It happened with Black Panther, with Thor, basically every major blockbuster it crashes within the first 30 minutes 

Just now, THUNDER BIRD said:

That's the problem, MCU want you to care about him.

Multiverse of Madness and Thor 4 disagree.

Is Thor really a big characters now? I don't think Thor will be a big character in next 2 Avengers movies. DS is the only big character they messed up.

it's a mediocre movie ! not bad not good just mid with a great villain and good cast ! not at all the start they wanted ! if they up the game by secret invasion there's no way they gonna catchup to infinity saga! they have 0 error chance now !! and the marvels coming out this year ! if the movie is sh1t or mid then they better reshoot it !! loosing millions now better than loosing billions in the future !

12 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

Making 9 projects every year is what happened. This would never have gotten so bad if they just made 2-3 projects a year.

Iron Man 3* and Thor: The Dark World say hi from 2013. The only difference now is that critics are judging MCU titles more sternly as it has completely dominated pop-culture.

*I'm actually a big IM3 fan but the general opinion seems to be that it's mid to bad.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

RT has taken down the live % lol, just before it hit rotten as that last pic showed it at 62%

Right...because taking down the live% would change anything when peeps are literally stalking the film's page waiting for an update. They didn't take down anything, site is just wonky af.

• Haha 1