TMP

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania | February 17, 2023 | Competing with Eternals on RT, Competing with BvS on box office legs

4 minutes ago, Verrows said:

Yeah but why does it feel like it's on another level now? 

I've been thinking that it may have something to do with genuine love for the properties. Marvel went bargain bin shopping before but at least those creatives clearly had an affinity for the source material. Whereas with the more recent hires, I'm watching some of the shows in particular and I find myself asking out loud to these creatives: why are you even here? You clearly have no connection to these characters.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm feeling the cheapness way more now than I used to.

It could be b/c the Disney shine has come off in recent years and it's not paying off for the writers down the line as it used to.  It could be b/c "pay me now" has become much more desired than "pay me later" in a field where there isn't a lot of future job security.  It could be that on top of underpaying, Disney (especially under cheap-o) wasn't offsetting that underpay with better anything, so no one, execept newbies and unknowns, would take the deal...

It could be a lot of things...

I mean, if it was me, I'm not taking a pay cut to write a Disney MCU movie when I could do a SONY MCU one (who don't underpay).  

10 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

phase 5 all rotten minus guardians. i'm calling my shot now.

Deadpool 3 should also get it I feel. Free Guy got solid reviews from critics and there should be enough nostalgia member berries that the Colliders/IGNs should be very happy.

• Like 1

Ant man are probably the only MCU movies besides Eternals that have ever truly needed not to be rotten, so the irony that they’re the only rotten ones. Yeah, people are kidding themselves if they think an Ant Man movie + rotten equals big box office bank. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Ant man are probably the only MCU movies besides Eternals that have ever truly needed not to be rotten, so the irony that they’re the only rotten ones. Yeah, people are kidding themselves if they think an Ant Man movie + rotten equals big box office bank. 

If it makes 250M OW then it should crawl to 600M. Which is more than ok. 

1 hour ago, TestPattern said:

I honestly think Superman Legacy will make or break capeshit.

think its already broken, not sure Gunn is the guy to fix it though

2 hours ago, TestPattern said:

I honestly think Superman Legacy will make or break capeshit.

I think it's the new take on Batman & Robin for me. I have very high hopes for it, but it would be quite fitting if that were the movie that killed the genre for a good few years.

14 minutes ago, Eric the Conqueror said:

Deadpool 3 should also get it I feel. Free Guy got solid reviews from critics and there should be enough nostalgia member berries that the Colliders/IGNs should be very happy.

i'm willing a full ryan reynolds cancellation into existence by the end of 2023. no pass this time.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Eric the Conqueror said:

Do you really think Captain Marvel and Ms. Marvel movie will be rotten on RT when Ms. Marvel is the highest-rated MCU show? They won't mess up the movie of characters whose names are the brand itself.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Willowra said:

Do you really think Captain Marvel and Ms. Marvel movie will be rotten on RT when Ms. Marvel is the highest-rated MCU show? They won't mess up the movie of characters whose names are the brand itself.

"They won't mess up the movie that introduces the new Thanos"

13 minutes ago, Willowra said:

Do you really think Captain Marvel and Ms. Marvel movie will be rotten on RT when Ms. Marvel is the highest-rated MCU show? 

Critics totally forgot about that one, lol. When they started to publish Best Shows of 2022, MM was MIA. Not even Best Young Actor nom at Critic's Choice which is an easy category to get in. 

Critics worshipped Zhao until Eternals. So if a movie's such a dud they would lose credibility if they went easy on it they will pan it no matter who made it or who stars in it or whether they liked previous installment/work.

Edited by Valonqar
  • ...wtf 1