sfran43

Weekend Thread: Estimates - Midway 17.5, Sleep 14.1, Fire 12.8, Xmas 11.6, Terminatah 10.8, Jokah 9.2, Mal2 8

4 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Bingo...it's gonna need to actually have a huge hold next weekend to have a chance to keep Thanksgiving on more than 2K screens...with 6 wide releases PLUS Frozen even before the Thanksgiving releases (which add 2 more wide releases), it's gonna lose out unless it has a miniscule weekend drop and great weekdays.  It needs to beat every opener this weekend AND stay ahead of Joker, Mal, and T-6 (okay, that last one will be easy) to stay around at 10/12s and below...

With Thanksgiving so late (about a week later than normal), they had to wait on the release unless they knew they had a sure fire winner...and they ultimately didn't...

They should have kept the original 11/15 release date cause then it’s one week closer to thanksgiving weekend and considering Charlie’s Angels is looking to be a huge non event but can’t make decisions in hind sight. Releasing it this early required a better OW which they ultimately didn’t get. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, kylotargaryen said:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8623904/releaseinfo?ref_=tt_dt_dt

Australia 7 November 2019  
Hungary 7 November 2019  
India 7 November 2019  
Netherlands 7 November 2019  
New Zealand 7 November 2019  
Canada 8 November 2019  
Finland 8 November 2019  
Iceland 8 November 2019  
Malaysia 8 November 2019  
Norway 8 November 2019  
USA 8 November 2019

Yet to open in most big markets. Hopefully the movie does better (proportionally) in markets such UK, Germany, Mexico and France than it’s doing in the US. And let’s see how it holds in Australia in this week.

9 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

Will Joker get a China release?

It was somewhere in the Joker forum, either the International and/or Overseas (can't remember), that Joker doesn't plan on getting a China release.

Even so, this movie's going to hit a billion without China and no 3D release, which is huge.

• Thanks 1

What are people honestly expecting for Ford v Ferrari? I thought a three hour biopic about British car racing in the 1960s was headed to 15m OW even with some star power, but BO.com is predicting over 30m OW and I talked to a couple of my friends from on here and they are predicting over 100m total. I am not seeing it, but god the box office could use it.

1 minute ago, boxofficeth said:

Got the feeling that this unfortunate streak will continue this weekend. Ironically, the Angels are back but they are not to save BO like 19 years ago...

FWIW Ford v Ferrari is selling really well around here (the 6:30 on Friday is already nearly half full in one of the biggest auditoriums). Thinking it should easily pull a $20M+ opening.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

What are people honestly expecting for Ford v Ferrari? I thought a three hour biopic about British car racing in the 1960s was headed to 15m OW even with some star power, but BO.com is predicting over 30m OW and I talked to a couple of my friends from on here and they are predicting over 100m total. I am not seeing it, but god the box office could use it.

At least for Thursday, around my area, sales are decent, though not exceptional. I don't see 30M just yet, but I think it can do about 25M give or take a few. With that opening, 100M is at least possible if the awards scene is on the movie's side.

• Like 1