TMP

Joker: Folie a Deux | October 4, 2024 | Lady Gaga is Harley Quinn in this 200M+ musical sequel

1 minute ago, Firepower said:

They didn't, Top Critics score is rotten, overall score is saved mostly by foreign press and influencers.

as @ThomasNicole said after Venice Joker was around 80 on metacritic. So if now goes on 50-60 territory means for kinda the same critics and magazine is a worst movie (with the risk can go again lower than rhat with all the critics are not in Venice).

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 1

Just now, interiorgatordecorator said:

might be misremembering, but i think the first joker got out of venice with a 71 on mc or something like that and only began dropping till it became yellow when the Americans got here

this could still drop; not surprised by the lower score considering how much weaker these one's trailers were 

the way Phillips speaks about it and how the trailers look sure hint at the possibility that Phillips got high on his own supply 

3 minutes ago, cinema pal said:

I wouldn't call final 69% RT "didn't like it" 

69% is mid with all the bloggers/influencers on RT, even something like Thor 4 managed 60s. RT scores have been on an upward trend over the years, and I doubt people would say that movies in general are getting better.

7 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

might be misremembering, but i think the first joker got out of venice with a 71 on mc or something like that and only began dropping till it became yellow when the Americans got here

this could still drop; not surprised by the lower score considering how much weaker these one's trailers were 

Joker Reviews - Metacritic (archive.org)

got to (at least) 75 it seems; some mixed reviews, but also a good amount of "masterpiece" ones 

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

Just now, Mad Max007 said:

It's over, DC should stop trying sequels. The higher budget won't help this at all.

it's gonna be a huge success anyways. Maybe like not in the levels of Wolverine like someone was hoping but it's gonna be big just for the first 2 couple of weeks hype.

Probably  won't be Oscar material in the big categories but who cares. 

Just now, LonePirate said:

When the snobs at IGN pan a genre movie, you know it sucks. The film might do well out of the gate but the legs are going to be atrocious.

Thing is it’s not the normal IGN people, it’s Siddhart. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, YM! said:

Thing is it’s not the normal IGN people, it’s Siddhart. 

Yeah, I remember IGN nerds hate on him because he trashes Marvel content and just prefers more cinephile stuff, it's not the same guy who reviewed the first one for IGN.

Edited by Firepower

7 minutes ago, Scubasteve716 said:

A C- is 7/10 and then to say it is purposefully bad doesn’t make sense to me lol

IndieWire does not give many D or F grades. The C- grade is about as low as they go for the most part. They gave Borderlands a C- grade, albeit from a different critic.

19 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

The reviews are horrible and not in the “violent edgy dangerous” tone of the US discourse of the first movie. 

People are calling it dull this time. The movie seems to reject the first one and it’s fans. 

I’m highly curious to watch ir, but this isn’t good news for audience reception that did love the first movie.

I am so curious now.

• Like 1

Just now, LonePirate said:

IndieWire does not give many D or F grades. The C- grade is about as low as they go for the most part. They gave Borderlands a C- grade, albeit from a different critic.

Metacritic asks to critics the vote to add in their site (Indie wire vote is 4/10). A lot of critics confirmed this in the past, while RT doesn't