TMP

Joker: Folie a Deux | October 4, 2024 | Lady Gaga is Harley Quinn in this 200M+ musical sequel

9 hours ago, dudalb said:

It is sort of amuisng the way people have turned on this.

Enthusiasm for this seems to have died completely following Venice. Though it's also perhaps on us for not taking into account the majority of the factors that caused the first to blow up 5 years ago (feels much longer with all the actually bonkers shit that's happened in the world since 2019) were always going to be absent with a sequel, or taking into account that for many, one trip with a character like Arthur Fleck was probably enough.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Maggie said:

We'll see, but i think it was a bad idea to make this a courtroom drama musical. That worked in the past tho with Chicago iirc

I think it was a bad idea to make this movie in general. They should’ve let the first movie be a standalone like it was initially promised to be. Just because it made a billion dollars, doesn’t mean it needed a sequel. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mad Max007 said:

That's what I was saying the internet treats it like The Godfather but most of the GA doesn't.

It got an A at CS and 3x multiplier on US which is not that common for SH movies. 

There’s no actual indication at all that the GA don’t like it that much.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

It got an A at CS and 3x multiplier on US which is not that common for SH movies. 

There’s no actual indication at all that the GA don’t like it that much.

Technically, it got an A-, but that is the best CS of any DC movie in the 2020s, and is inline with Reeves’ Planet of the Apes movies. I’d say it’s pretty good, given how slow paced and dreary the movie is. 

Edited by WittyUsername
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, cinema pal said:

Oh no

Still don't understand how on earth anyone manages to make this concept boring. I've been baffled since the reviews out of Venice. Making Chicago but with the Joker and Harley Quinn and it's somehow dull. And I was excited about the premise I thought even if the fans of the original hated it I might still love it. 

Edited by wattage