TMP

Joker: Folie a Deux | October 4, 2024 | Lady Gaga is Harley Quinn in this 200M+ musical sequel

16 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

This is insane … i wonder what extra impact Joker 2 disaster will have in this approach 

Hollywood is culturally dying indeed lol 

"Cluster of Super fans"

You mean bunch on online dwelling nerds who have less than zero understanding of ground realities and most of them would rather argue how Ant Man Quantamania Post Credit scene was great cinematic accomplishment because "IT HAPPENED IN THE COMICS TOO"

Edited by THUNDER BIRD
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

@ThomasNicole 

u/AgentCooper315 on Reddit is saying it'll get a lower CinemaScore than Morbius/Madame Web

I actually think you were on to something when you said C+

Even worse wouldn’t shock me tbh. It’s not simply bad, it’s offending it’s audience.

15 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

"Cluster of Super fans"

You mean bunch on online dwelling nerds who have less than zero understanding of ground realities and most of them would rather argue how Ant Man Quantamania Post Credit scene was great cinematic accomplishment because "IT HAPPENED IN THE COMICS TOO"

Yeah, it’s kinda sad the path Hollywood is following trying to make easy money. 

It feels like what once was a somewhat balance of industry and desire to make art became a souless dying and desperate industry no interested in art at all. 

It would be nice if the many original WB mid-high budgets for 2025 succeeds, but i’m not hopeful. 

I thought this was rather awful. A dull, lifeless experience that just went on and on, like some kind of endurance test. It was so drab, uninteresting and repetitive. The performances were fine, I suppose, but never great, or ever very interesting. I simply didn't buy the Joker/Harley connection at any point, which is kind of a problem when they're pretty much the whole movie. There were some bits that worked, but it mostly just felt like a completely wasted opportunity.

I could go on about the many ways I found this an unsatisfying time at the movies, but that would involve details (and more typing). I'll leave it to Jay Sherman to summarize...it stinks! And in no way did that look or feel like a 200 million movie. I mean, for comparison's sake in the DC family, The Batman also cost roughly that amount—and it shows. I can't understand how anyone involved in the creative process actually thought this movie would be well-received.

Black Adam - 14M admissions

Shazam 2 - 5M admissions

The Flash - 9M admissions

Blue Beetle - 6M admissions

Aquaman 2 - 10M admissions

Joker 2 - 8M admissions (projected)

Last 6 DC movies combined = 52M admissions

It's genuinely hard to grasp just how bad this is.

Barbie sold 15% higher than the last 6 DC movies combined

Also:

Black Adam = ~5.67M OW admissions

Shazam 2 = ~2.61M OW admissions

The Flash = ~4.58M OW admissions

Blue Beetle = ~2.07M OW admissions

Aquaman 2 = ~2.22M OW admissions

Joker 2 = ~4.00M OW admissions (projected)

Last 6 DC movies combined = ~21.15M OW admissions

The Dark Knight = ~21.34M OW admissions

The Dark Knight sold more tickets in its opening weekend. . .than the last 6 DC movies combined

Now let's talk about profit

Edited by HummingLemon496
  • Astonished 1

4 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Black Adam - 14M admissions

Shazam 2 - 5M admissions

The Flash - 9M admissions

Blue Beetle - 6M admissions

Aquaman 2 - 10M admissions

Joker 2 - 8M admissions (projected)

Last 6 DC movies combined = 52M admissions

It's genuinely hard to grasp just how bad this is.

Barbie sold 15% higher than the last 6 DC movies combined

I don't want to go here.

But. 

Cavill Supes vs The Rock Black Adam in Christmas 2023 = HUGE hit if it were any good.