TMP

Joker: Folie a Deux | October 4, 2024 | Lady Gaga is Harley Quinn in this 200M+ musical sequel

44 minutes ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

Mild spoilers:

That reminds me of that extremely brief Marilyn Monroe musical number in the Birds of Prey movie, except this one presumably won’t get cut to ribbons in the editing room. 

20 hours ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

Mild spoilers:

19 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

That reminds me of that extremely brief Marilyn Monroe musical number in the Birds of Prey movie, except this one presumably won’t get cut to ribbons in the editing room. 

It's Sucker Punch before it was cut into ribbons too. Third time the charm for WB?

On 2/26/2024 at 3:43 PM, WittyUsername said:

If True,     

Spoiler

Exepct that lof of the musical  numbers are going to  be homages to famous musical number sin film....I would bet that a Number from Singing In the Rain is one of those to be parodied.

3 hours ago, Last Man Standing said:

Clockwork Orange would be a bit on the nose in a Joker movie, particularly one that features his stay at an asylum.

No Kidding. ALex and the Joker have a lot in common.

The more I think about it....

Spoiler

The more I am inclined to think the whole  "same gimmick as Wandavision except with movie musical instead of sitcoms as the fantasy" rumor sounds plausible. It certainly would give Gaga an excuse to sing and dance.

24 minutes ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:
  Hide contents

image.png

Spoiler

Judy Garland songs just confirms they are going to be borrowing pretty heavily from the Classic MGM Musicals (which Warners now owns) fro the musical sequence. I am fully expecting at least one of the numbers to be a homage to Singing in the Rian, most famous of all the MGM Musicals .

7 hours ago, Firepower said:

It's 100% fake. The movie finished post-production last November, the cut is long locked.

I'm a bit confused as to what in the tweet contradicts this. Also Gold Derby is a legit source for early test screening reports. They're more into awards predictions than the comic book film rumor mill.

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

I'm a bit confused as to what in the tweet contradicts this. Also Gold Derby is a legit source for early test screening reports. They're more into awards predictions than the comic book film rumor mill.

There's no article on Gold Derby, it probably came from their forum where anybody can post. Everything that tweet mentions is already well known, there's no new information. The actual test-screenings were never confirmed by scoopers like VA or Jordan Ruimy because they never happened, the movie was fully finished 4 months ago, WB doesn't have any reason to do test-screenings of a finished movie, they are not gonna change anything and it would only spread plot leaks.

5 minutes ago, Firepower said:

There's no article on Gold Derby, it probably came from their forum where anybody can post. Everything that tweet mentions is already well known, there's no new information. The actual test-screenings were never confirmed by scoopers like VA or Jordan Ruimy because they never happened, the movie was fully finished 4 months ago, WB doesn't have any reason to do test-screenings of a finished movie, they are not gonna change anything and it would only spread plot leaks.

Maybe the test screening happened a while ago and it's just now the leaks are published on the net. I kinda doubt it, but who knows