TMP

Joker: Folie a Deux | October 4, 2024 | Lady Gaga is Harley Quinn in this 200M+ musical sequel

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

To clarify my earlier comment, the reason I said this sounds like a Tumblr fanfic is because it makes it almost makes it seem like it’ll be one of those “love redeems” stories. It’s like something a person who felt sad for Arthur in the first movie would come up with. 

I could only hope this’ll be another case of Arthur imagining something in his head, rather than him genuinely finding someone who loves him for who he is or whatever. 

What made it seem like fanfic to me is shoehorning Harvey Dent into the story.

But you have a point, Arthur in the first movie does not seem to be the kind of Joker that  agirl would fall for....

On 1/12/2024 at 2:12 PM, WittyUsername said:

To clarify my earlier comment, the reason I said this sounds like a Tumblr fanfic is because it makes it almost makes it seem like it’ll be one of those “love redeems” stories. It’s like something a person who felt sad for Arthur in the first movie would come up with. 

I could only hope this’ll be another case of Arthur imagining something in his head, rather than him genuinely finding someone who loves him for who he is or whatever. 

Don't see any indication in the synopsis that the movie's message is love redeems. Don't get the point of this comment at all considering that Harley Quinn has existed since the 90s. Joker finding love has been a core part of his character before Tumblr.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Don't see any indication in the synopsis that the movie's message is love redeems. Don't get the point of this comment at all considering that Harley Quinn has existed since the 90s. Joker finding love has been a core part of his character before Tumblr.

The Joker’s relationship with Harley Quinn in the past was almost never a case of “love.” The whole idea behind it was that he manipulated her and was abusive. I can’t really picture Arthur Fleck falling into that role. 

Edited by WittyUsername

54 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

The inclusion of Harvey Dent makes it seem even more like an adaptation of the Harleen comic and that's ANYTHING but a "love redeems" story lol

“Love redeems” wasn’t the right phrase. I never meant to imply that he would become a good person because of Harley. What I intended to say was that the whole idea of anyone falling in love with Arthur Fleck comes off like a Tumblr fanfic.

The whole point of his character in the first film is that he’s a mentally ill outcast who has no one in his life who cares for him, outside of his own fantasies. I don’t see the point in throwing his character some kind of bone by giving him a girlfriend. 

Edited by WittyUsername

21 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

The Joker’s relationship with Harley Quinn in the past was almost never a case of “love.” The whole idea behind it was that he manipulated her and was abusive. I can’t really picture Arthur Fleck falling into that role. 

18 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

“Love redeems” wasn’t the right phrase. I never meant to imply that he would become a good person because of Harley. What I intended to say was that the whole idea of anyone falling in love with Arthur Fleck comes off like a Tumblr fanfic.

The whole point of his character in the first film is that he’s a mentally ill outcast who has no one in his life who cares for him, outside of his own fantasies. I don’t see the point in throwing his character some kind of bone by giving him a girlfriend. 

Feels like you don't know how Joker and Harley met. Their entire romance is built around Harley being just as crazy as Joker to look at him as a partner. Whereas Joker just tolerates her presence. 

Joker is the outcast no one cares about except Harley. This feels like complaining for the sake of complaining. Weren't you the one with the Joker under 400M WW club IIRC?

6 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Feels like you don't know how Joker and Harley met. Their entire romance is built around Harley being just as crazy as Joker to look at him as a partner. Whereas Joker just tolerates her presence. 

Joker is the outcast no one cares about except Harley. This feels like complaining for the sake of complaining. Weren't you the one with the Joker under 400M WW club IIRC?

I very much do know how they met. I’m more than familiar with the Mad Love story.   The entire point of said story is that the Joker manipulated a naive woman who was in over her head, and actively abuses her, while not giving a damn about her in the slightest. What’s your point?

I made a club that severely underestimated  the movie all the way back around the Summer of 2019, several months before the damn thing was released. It’s weird to me how you seem so fixated on that. This isn’t even the first time you decided to bring that up. I already acknowledged having been wrong a long time ago, and I actually liked the movie myself. 

Seriously, what is it with you and your constant attempts to call me out like this? What exactly did I do to you? I think I would much rather prefer that you just put me on ignore. 

Edited by WittyUsername

45 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Abusive love stories are still called love stories lol. 

The first movie didn't start marketing until CinemaCon (which this year is 4/8-11) so they probably won't release any additional marketing materials until then. At the very latest they'll begin promoting it by Memorial Day weekend as a trailer attachment with Furiosa.

On 1/17/2024 at 10:26 AM, WittyUsername said:

Have you ever like, seen the weird fascination that happens by women for serial killers and they fall in love with them?

It's not exactly some bizzare notion when it happens in real life.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2024 at 1:59 AM, Dominic Draper said:

Have you ever like, seen the weird fascination that happens by women for serial killers and they fall in love with them?

It's not exactly some bizzare notion when it happens in real life.

Girls Who Love Ted Bundy. Also the female prison guards who've hooked up with convicts behind bars and helped them go on the run.

Not a violent criminal but pharma bro Martin Shkreli had a Bloomberg reporter fall for him while covering his trial. Left her husband, quit her job, and froze her eggs to do prison visits as his girlfriend, only to be ghosted once she went to the media about their grand love affair. Still caped for him on Twitter even after getting dumped—by an incarcerated fraudster also accused of manipulating the cost of life-saving drugs. An attractive, accomplished professional woman blowing up her whole life out of love for a criminal, despite a thousand red flags.

It definitely happens in real life.

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Girls Who Love Ted Bundy. Also the female prison guards who've hooked up with convicts behind bars and helped them go on run.

Not a violent criminal but pharma bro Martin Shkreli had a Bloomberg reporter fall for him while covering his trial. Left her husband, quit her job, and froze her eggs to do prison visits as his girlfriend, only to be ghosted once she went to the media about their grand love affair. Still caped for him on Twitter even after getting dumped—by an incarcerated fraudster also accused of manipulating the cost of life-saving drugs. An attractive, accomplished professional woman blowing up her whole life out of love for a criminal, despite a thousand red flags.

It definitely happens in real life.

Is there any place I can read about the shkreli one?