TMP

Joker: Folie a Deux | October 4, 2024 | Lady Gaga is Harley Quinn in this 200M+ musical sequel

16 minutes ago, WorkingonaName said:

The only possible threat is if Gladiator turns out to be a banger. 

Gladiator's main audience was 30+ or 35+. Now they're 55-75 or so and current audience in early 30s don't gave the same connection to this genre. Obviously this is just my opinion but I believe that a lot of people will be dissapointed with G2 bix office

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alexander said:

Gladiator's main audience was 30+ or 35+. Now they're 55-75 or so and current audience in early 30s don't gave the same connection to this genre. Obviously this is just my opinion but I believe that a lot of people will be dissapointed with G2 bix office

The assumption seems to be that it’ll be able to tap into the same kind of crowd that made Top Gun: Maverick a huge hit. 

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

The assumption seems to be that it’ll be able to tap into the same kind of crowd that made Top Gun: Maverick a huge hit. 

I’m starting to sound an obsessed hater but that’s asking WAY too much from modern day Ridley Scott. Matching the first one’s total gross unadjusted would be a huge win at this point.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

But that doesn't make much sense for me. Most of that crowd became Top Gun fans when they were young rebels. Or at least in their heads. Fir them Maverick was like some time machine.

1 hour ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Oh wooooooow imagine telling someone that an R rated Joker movie would outgross TLJ imagine what it could've done if Ruin Johnson didn't destroy the franchise

/s

The sequel trilogy was dead outside of the west with TFA, TLJ just hammered the nail further. 

19 hours ago, WorkingonaName said:

The sequel trilogy was dead outside of the west with TFA, TLJ just hammered the nail further. 

Yeah nobody cares about Star Wars OS, so beating TLJ OS is a lame goal, the first movie easily did it

Over or Under TLJ worldwide ($1.332 billion)?

Edited by HummingLemon496

3 minutes ago, WorkingonaName said:

Under, America will let us down (many such cases)

More specific goal: Over or Under Aquaman ($1.148B -- this is the amount needed to become the highest grossing DC film)

Bonus stretch goal: Over or Under Aquaman OS ($806M -- this is the amount to become the highest grossing DC film OS as well as the biggest solo CBM OS [No Way Home is not solo])

Edited by HummingLemon496