Eric the Fall Guy

FROZEN II WEEKEND THREAD | 130.26M OW | BLACK FRIDAY WEEK SALE: Gold Accounts 25% OFF | I like warm hugs and I cannot lie | No Knives Out Spoilers :)

5 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

I don't get how TS4 has bigger opening than F2, the buzz for F2 is stronger than TS4. I guess TS4 demo is much older than ..... 

Is Frozen a bigger IP than Toy Story?

Edited by xiazhi

1 minute ago, xiazhi said:

Is Frozen a bigger IP than Toy Story?

F1 was way bigger than TS in OS markets. Domestically F2 had crazy run from the holiday onwards. But overall Frozen brand is bigger but I guess TS4 is more relatable to Male Adults. I saw TS4 OW but dont care for F2 at all. But there are many on this forum who dont care for TS movies but will see F2 more than once.

That said based on previews it was PS heavy like female led movies and it probably did not play that well with Adult males considering the previews. This is despite buzz was heavy and all the metrics like Trailer views were out of the world. But let us wait at least till the weekend before confirming it as a fact. Its just an opinion now.

5 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

I don't get how TS4 has bigger opening than F2, the buzz for F2 is stronger than TS4. I guess TS4 demo is much older than ..... 

summer vs november (i know it's redundant to say this but it's true!)

frozen2's 8.5 is closer to aladdin's 7 compared to ts4's 12m, and yet if it gets 136 ow it will have beaten aladdin's 91 ow by 50% despite previews being only 20% higher, being a sequel and aladdin having an inflated sunday!

ts4 did only 10x it's previews over the ow which gives frozen2 85m opening : a number it will go past in 2-days in reality.

so the release date makes the comparison pointless. other november animations could have been a comp but they opened on wed during thanksgiving so frozen2 is on it's own!

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Feanor said:

I’d say yes.

Both Frozen movies will have outgrossed TS4 + I think in terms of merchandise Frozen also sells way more than TS

F1 did not outgross TS3 or 4 domestically. OS its way more popular except in latino markets and may be UK/AUS where TS3 did outgross F1. Otherwise F2 crushes TS4.

Just now, keysersoze123 said:

F1 did not outgross TS3 or 4 domestically. OS its way more popular except in latino markets and may be UK/AUS where TS3 did outgross F1. Otherwise F2 crushes TS4.

Well I meant overall.

And even domestically, I’d say that Frozen is still a bigger IP than TS, mostly thanks to merch sales.

Hey, could somebody double check my reading comprehension here? ‘Cause I’m pretty sure that buried in this article: https://deadline.com/2019/11/walt-disney-box-office-industry-record-3-billion-third-time-frozen-2-avengers-endgame-1202793029/

Is deadline’s first number... of 45M true Fri.  

Current running box office for Disney in U.S/Canada is $2.946 billion per Comscore and Deadline calculations, which includes last night’s $8.5M (emphasis mine) Frozen 2 preview cash. Should Frozen 2 make $54M today, then Disney will clear $3 billion today. We’re hearing at this point in time that it’s looking more like $45M, which would mean the studio clicks past $3 billion tomorrow.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Thanos Legion said:

Hey, could somebody double check my reading comprehension here? ‘Cause I’m pretty sure that buried in this article: https://deadline.com/2019/11/walt-disney-box-office-industry-record-3-billion-third-time-frozen-2-avengers-endgame-1202793029/

i think it says 45m full friday

• Like 1

1 minute ago, a2k said:

i think it says 45m full friday

It says that the 8.5 is included in the 2.946 cume, right? So when it says 54 needed to hit 3B today, that’s 54 pure Fri? Edited to add emphasis.

Edited by Thanos Legion

1 minute ago, Thanos Legion said:

You are reading it correctly. But I wouldn't be surprised if they intended that to be with previews and messed up. It's not common for Deadline to be predicting higher than Charlie. 

3 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

At first I thought the 45M / 54M numbers include the previews, but at second glance it does look like they’re meant as true Friday numbers

2 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

It says that the 8.5 is included in the 2.946 cume, right? So when it says 54 needed to hit 3B today, that’s 54 pure Fri? Edited to add emphasis.

Should Frozen 2 make $54M today, then Disney will clear $3 billion today. We’re hearing at this point in time that it’s looking more like $45M,which would mean the studio clicks past $3 billion tomorrow.

i am interpreting this as "but we're hearing 45 instead of 54"

so will cross it tomorrow instead of today

Edited by a2k
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Menor said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they intended that to be with previews and messed up.

This is a possibility, but 45 true Fri makes a lot more sense than 36.5 when considering the ratio to TLK pure Fri. 

5 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

I think Deadline is saying true Friday is looking like $45M minus previews...or $36.5M...

EDIT: And I just ran out of reactions...gonna be a long night:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits