Eric the Fall Guy

FROZEN II WEEKEND THREAD | 130.26M OW | BLACK FRIDAY WEEK SALE: Gold Accounts 25% OFF | I like warm hugs and I cannot lie | No Knives Out Spoilers :)

I don’t think the animation record is going down for a long long long time. None of the sequels mentioned are anywhere near where Incredibles was in terms of nostalgia imo 

Had Frozen 2 been released in the summer it could have had a shot but Disney wanted the second weekend holiday. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Nah. The difference between Zootopia & SLOP, is that the former was insanely beloved by everyone who saw that film and it’s $1.023B WW proves that. Zootopia is still fondly remembered even you this day.

Is it though? I mean it was a cute movie but that's about it .  I might be wrong but I just haven't seen Zootopia mentioned anywhere for years now.

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

I don’t think the animation record is going down for a long long long time. None of the sequels mentioned are anywhere near where Incredibles was in terms of nostalgia imo 

Had Frozen 2 been released in the summer it could have had a shot but Disney wanted the second weekend holiday. 

Well right .. but nobody knows what tomorrow will bring .. so chance is always there ..

5 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

actually never understand the hype nor liked the first film, didn't even attempt later.

It did come at the right time when CGI was really taking off as an animation medium and it was a breath of fresh air to what Disney were making and it's what put DreamWorks on the map.  

Edited by Jonwo

3 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

Is it though? I mean it was a cute movie but that's about it .  I might be wrong but I just haven't seen Zootopia mentioned anywhere for years now.

Maybe you think that...but ask other people who have seen the film and see how they feel about it. Zootopia did get an Oscar for Beat Animated Feature, after all.

• Community Manager
6 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

Do you hang around areas where people talk about kids films like Zootopia? Like the people I frequent with didn't mention Frozen until marketing for this movie started to ramp up.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

It did come at the right time when CGI was really taking off as an animation medium and it was a breath of fresh air to what Disney were making and it's what put DreamWorks on the map.  

Still it was (and is) a beloved film. Shrek 2 had a much bigger increase from its predecessor than Toy Story 2. 

Whats more, Shrek 3 broke the animation OW record (we all know why it did not have good legs) in a period where CGI was not seen as an event anymore (year before 2006 had a tremendous glut of CGI movies)

Edited by tupek