Eric the Fall Guy

FROZEN II WEEKEND THREAD | 130.26M OW | BLACK FRIDAY WEEK SALE: Gold Accounts 25% OFF | I like warm hugs and I cannot lie | No Knives Out Spoilers :)

2 minutes ago, Sunny Max said:

Do you think it will work .. ?? Animated version is fine .. IMO

Shrek does lend itself to a live action remake and given how successful Disney has done with remaking their animated IP, it's a no brainer for Universal.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

If we didn't had Friday & Saturday tracking and just preview tracking, I would have stayed mum till atleast Deadline number (which would be conservative as well). The meltdowns :hahaha:

We are robbed.

It’s your fault. Should have given a first estimate of $30M :ph34r:

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Sunny Max said:

Good .. count Shrek 5 as well 

The Shrek films squandered any goodwill they had with the third and to a lesser extent the fourth and it'd be difficult to do a new film as Cameron Diaz has retired from acting. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

How about Spider-Verse 2 🤔 or Zootopia 2.

Spider verse 2 would need to open at like first film total...    

Zoo2 also skeptical. 180 is such a hurdle for less frontloaded genre. I2 being superhero+14 years anticipated is a lofty bar for now. For me nothing on the horizon that will knock Frozen from animated #2 open. 

Just now, SchumacherFTW said:

Nostalgia for the first 2 will destroy the ill will of the sequels

I still think a live action remake would be a better option. It's be the perfect target for Disney's remaking of their films in the same way that Shrek spoofed the Disney fairy tale films.

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

The Shrek films squandered any goodwill they had with the third and to a lesser extent the fourth and it'd be difficult to do a new film as Cameron Diaz has retired from acting. 

As long as Myers and Murphy stay its fine (and Banderas)

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

So no actual film left that could challenge I2 ... hopes only from I3 

4 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

actually never understand the hype nor liked the first film, didn't even attempt later.