Eric the Fall Guy

FROZEN II WEEKEND THREAD | 130.26M OW | BLACK FRIDAY WEEK SALE: Gold Accounts 25% OFF | I like warm hugs and I cannot lie | No Knives Out Spoilers :)

1 minute ago, Water Bottle said:

Do you hang around areas where people talk about kids films like Zootopia? Like the people I frequent with didn't mention Frozen until marketing for this movie started to ramp up.

Except Frozen has been everywhere since 2013. You can't exit the house without seeing some little kid with Frozen merch.  Anyways I'm not saying that I'm right. It's all based on a subjective feeling.

14 minutes ago, tupek said:

Still it was (and is) a beloved film. Shrek 2 had a much bigger increase from its predecessor than Toy Story 2. 

Whats more, Shrek 3 broke the animation OW record (we all know why it did not have good legs) in a period where CGI was not seen as an event anymore (year before 2006 had a tremendous glut of CGI movies)

well .. Shrek franchise broke many box office records .. most beloved animated franchise in last decade 

Edited by Sunny Max

The funny irony between animated sequels this year:

Toy Story 4 (a sequel that many weren’t so excited for and thought wouldn’t be anywhere as beloved as it’s predecessors due to it’s existence before release) gets extremely high praise with a 97% on RT after it’s release, while Frozen 2 (a sequel that many WERE (and still is currently) more excited to see, gets a surprisingly lower RT-score than expected with currently a 76% on RT. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Guess Woody & Buzz wins over Anna & Elsa in the RT-quality department. 👩🏻‍💼

tenor.gif?itemid=7453872

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

The funny irony between animated sequels this year:

Toy Story 4 (a sequel that many weren’t so excited for and thought wouldn’t be anywhere as beloved as it’s predecessors due to it’s existence before release) gets extremely high praise with a 97% on RT after it’s release, while Frozen 2 (a sequel that many WERE (and still is currently) more excited to see, gets a surprisingly lower RT-score than expected with currently a 76% on RT. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Guess Woody & Buzz wins over Anna & Elsa in the RT-quality department. 👩🏻‍💼

tenor.gif?itemid=7453872

was that a shocker. TS3 had universal praise while F1 was not.

• Like 1

• Community Manager
15 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

Except Frozen has been everywhere since 2013. You can't exit the house without seeing some little kid with Frozen merch.  Anyways I'm not saying that I'm right. It's all based on a subjective feeling.

That was the case for the first year or so after it came out. But it's been six years lol. I haven't seen a little kid with Frozen merch or anything in years.

Just now, Water Bottle said:

That was the case for the first year or so after it came out. But it's been six years lol. I haven't seen a little kid with Frozen merch or anything in years.

Not sure how true this is. My cousins have little girls and they’ve been obsessed with Frozen since it came out. Every year wanting an Elsa or Anna doll for their birthday. Or Anything Frozen related. Anecdotal of course. 

1 minute ago, Nova said:

Not sure how true this is. My cousins have little girls and they’ve been obsessed with Frozen since it came out. Every year wanting an Elsa or Anna doll for their birthday. Or Anything Frozen related. Anecdotal of course. 

but it doesn't mean that every single family or kids have same kind of craze & buzz ...

4 minutes ago, Sunny Max said:

but it doesn't mean that every single family or kids have same kind of craze & buzz ...

But that’s not what I said. The statement was that there was only Frozen related products the first year after came out. When if you’ve visited any toy store since the first one came out, you’d know that simply isn’t true. That’s not to say the craze was the same as it was the first year. But it didn’t just drop off either. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

And another interesting thing. Finding Dory & The Incredibles 2 (two other highly praised Pixar sequels) have each 94% on RT, which even those are also considerably higher than Frozen 2’s rating.

Guess critics are a lot kinder to certain straight Pixar sequels (that aren’t from Cars).

Critics hardly matters in animation films .. its all about general audience perception when it comes box office .. certain kind of fan following or critics reviews works only in OW .. rest fate always in the hand of general public