cax16

Kingdom of the Planet Of The Apes | May 10, 2024 | Wes Ball to develop and direct

12 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

I heard the pacing is really slow in a bad way

Reveal hidden contents

What are you trying to do here? If it was that bad people would have been bored but they are not, reactions are pretty much fantastic.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Elessar said:

What are you trying to do here? If it was that bad people would have been bored but they are not, reactions are pretty much fantastic.

forgive me if I caused any misunderstanding.

Disney showed the movie to local exhibitors and critics today. Two people from separated screenings said they didn’t think it is a good movie. I couldn’t tell why considering they didn’t say much details. But the pacing problem was mentioned. It was also something that some social media reactions pointed out if I’m not wrong.

• Like 1

This movie sounds abit like the 3 others for me, and that´s not a negative as I have enjoyed them. But I found all of those 3 to suffer from pacing issues. Especially War. Watching tomorrow and hoping for the best!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Elessar said:

We've had maybe 3 major movies this year that received glowing praise from critics and only so-so responses from audiences. I think what @Gavin Feng posted was quite useful. 

• Like 2

Sorry if i sounded aggressive. It's just, sometimes it's like people seem to seek out flaws.

Anyway, based on reactions and trailers, this is gonna be a pretty good time at the movies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thajdikt said:

What is this with Sneider? Have I missed something he said about this one?

He said a few months ago that this tested really poorly and Disney is really worried. The thing is he is already on Disney's shit list for reporting stuff like this before. So sour grapes or is he reporting the truth and the late review embargo drop a sign of  that. 

No matter if it's Jeff Sneider or Daniel RPK or whoever, and no disrespect to our fellow user ViewerAnon, but I treat the word of these scooper bros like it's nothing. Test screenings are just that. A "test". Things can change drastically, everybody has their own sources that could be given different reports, and half the time, early word can often be inconsistent. Even if this movie does stink, their word doesn't mean nothing. And this forum would be a million times better not listening to any of these jokers.

• Like 5

I dislike "test screening" scoops in general. If they're great, at best it'll just give you a dopamine hit for a few hours if you're hyped for the movie before the inevitable skeptics butt in, and if they're bad they just needlessly raise everyone's anxiety.

I'd also argue half the time, these reports mean nothing? I'll never forget how all these scooper bros swore up and down, left and right, that Dial of Destiny was amazing and that Mangold made a banger. That didn't happen. I feel like all the hype from those guys solidified to me that it's not worth listening to this kind of stuff.

• Like 4

Didn't all those scoopers bomb their "exclusives" from D23 two years ago? Or the early word from test screenings that Babylon was winning every Oscar? If one hasn't figured out by now to take them with an enormous grain of salt, then that's on the individual.

42 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

He said a few months ago that this tested really poorly and Disney is really worried. The thing is he is already on Disney's shit list for reporting stuff like this before. So sour grapes or is he reporting the truth and the late review embargo drop a sign of  that. 

I see. Thanks for clarifying that.

12 minutes ago, Eric Loves Rey said:

I'd also argue half the time, these reports mean nothing? I'll never forget how all these scooper bros swore up and down, left and right, that Dial of Destiny was amazing and that Mangold made a banger. That didn't happen. I feel like all the hype from those guys solidified to me that it's not worth listening to this kind of stuff.

Yeah “Ant-Man 3 has the best script in the MCU” was the funniest of those scoops. It’s better to ignore it as you say.

• Haha 1

I don't mind these early tweet reactions in general. But I also hate them. I hate how they're written. Stop using stupid buzz words to try and get mentioned in a trailer or whatever. Just tell me whether you liked it or not.

• Like 1

Reminder that Jeff Sneider humiliated himself last month when he claimed that Sydney Sweeney was going to be in a movie with Johnny Depp, and continued to double down even after Sweeney’s representatives refuted it. 

• Like 7

Posted (edited)

Saw it this morning and liked it quite a bit. Feels like you're watching a real movie which is nice, and it does have its own ideas going on. It's far less elegant and sophisticated than the previous three, and the pacing struggles for a while, but it does end well and I'm curious to see where they take it next. I don't know how a regular audience will take it, but I'm so glad it didn't turn into some blockbuster slop, it takes its time and treats the craft and the characters seriously. I am certain it will be one of the highlights for me this summer movie season.

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 12