cax16

Kingdom of the Planet Of The Apes | May 10, 2024 | Wes Ball to develop and direct

On 4/26/2024 at 10:42 AM, Krissykins said:

This has been promoted so heavily here this week that you’d think it was coming out today. 

Definitely the most marketed film of the year so far IMO. 

You should see the marketing for Garfield…

1 hour ago, WebSurfer said:

Did Wes Ball drop the Ball or will another banger akin to the trilogy be delivered?

UH OH I was going to ask when the embargo drops. Considering how well reviewed the Ceasar trilogy was this makes me nervous. It could be Disney just being too cautious. I mean the social reaction being dropped Thursday would seem they don't expect a terrible reaction but maybe just decent okay nothing that turbo charges ticket sales.

The twist in the first one is still perhaps the all time great movie shock. They need to find one again. I think in the interest of spicing things up, they should reveal at the end that this one DOESN'T take place on Earth!

• ...wtf 1

14 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

For a franchise that "only" made 150-200m range for each movie in the last trilogy, Disney seem playing a bold move in this one. 

Probably because it’s their first big blockbuster of the year. 

21 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

They aren't skimping on the marketing but honestly this one feels like it totally depends on quality even more than most blockbusters nowadays.

It should do fine, it's the first visual effects heavy film of the summer, but the modern day Apes films always felt like they had a ceiling with Dawn's $200m DOM and $700m WW being that ceiling.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I think the biggest thing this has going for it is it seems to have a less grim and depressing tone than Dawn/War did. Matt Reeves is a good filmmaker but he's not a feel good one.

Edited by AniNate
  • Like 2