charlie Jatinder

Black Widow Overseas Thread.

5 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Variety must be missing numbers, they’ve did an article with $4.9m start from 11 markets. 

17% of international box office is now closed. Damn. 

Korea, Hong Kong and Aus/Nz are technically previews, they may be reporting those with THU.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 2

On 7/7/2021 at 11:11 AM, charlie Jatinder said:

releasing everywhere where cinemas open except China and Denmark.

i wrote an email to the 2 chains here and they both said the same thing. 

Movies from Disney and WB will be negotiated from movie to movie. The studios wants the same % as they did before they changed the window from 90 days to 45 days and sometimes release it on stream on the same day as in theaters. 
The theaters are standing firm and would not promise any Marvel or blockbusters in the near future

Is little Denmark really the only country taking this fight?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, fmpro said:

Movies from Disney and WB will be negotiated from movie to movie. The studios wants the same % as they did before they changed the window from 90 days to 45 days and sometimes release it on stream on the same day as in theaters. 
The theaters are standing firm and would not promise any Marvel or blockbusters in the near future

I am with theatre chains on this. They are screwed with smaller window. I doubt they can pay the same % as longer release. Especially in a leggy market like Denmark and many other european markets. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, keysersoze123 said:

I am with theatre chains on this. They are screwed with smaller window. I doubt they can pay the same % as longer release. Especially in a leggy market like Denmark and many other european markets. 

Agree. Sucks to be me the costumer though..

2 hours ago, fmpro said:

Chronologie des médias (the french legislation on windowing) is really a blessing. 

4 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

~180-190

Seems very solid with no China, hardly any South and South East Asia, limited Latin America and restrictions in other regions.

Hopefully that leads to very good legs for the film.

In same set of markets, S-M:FFH opened $166M (actually $175M but Korea was TUE release and AUS Monday for FFH) and legged to $441M. 2.65x. OS-Korea legs were 2.76x.

Since many places have capacity restriction and relatively lower competition, may be legs can be better. 

So with OS-Korea opening looking like $85-90M ish, full run probably around $240-250M. Though best way would be to look at markets individually. As for Korea, there is uncertainty. May be it will leg out to do $35M, may be just $20M.

3 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

In same set of markets, S-M:FFH opened $166M (actually $175M but Korea was TUE release and AUS Monday for FFH) and legged to $441M. 2.65x. OS-Korea legs were 2.76x.

Since many places have capacity restriction and relatively lower competition, may be legs can be better. 

So with OS-Korea opening looking like $85-90M ish, full run probably around $240-250M. Though best way would be to look at markets individually. As for Korea, there is uncertainty. May be it will leg out to do $35M, may be just $20M.

Out of reacts but 

Great Gatsby Movie GIF by Sony

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jamiem said:

Seems very solid with no China, hardly any South and South East Asia, limited Latin America and restrictions in other regions.

Hopefully that leads to very good legs for the film.

20 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

For what is worth, it has 94% Audience Score on RT from over 1000 verified ratings atm. They are all internationals so at least early foreign audience loves it. WOM should be great. :)

Edited by Valonqar

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

For what is worth, it has 94% Audience Score on RT from over 1000 verified ratings atm. They are all internationals so at least early foreign audience loves it. WOM should be great. :)

Don't pay attention to these internet ratings for MCU and other fanbase properties. 

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

International fans can’t give verified ratings on RT I’m afraid. So they’re all from US users on Thursday previews. 

It can be argued that TENET released in better market condition than Black Widow minus USA and LATAM.

Europe did great numbers. Taiwan, SEA were open. Even Canada was in better condition. Korea same story as BW, with market being robust prior to both film's release, and new COVID wave hitting in weekend films released.

Should have released in May 2021, without PA. @TigerPaw

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Don't pay attention to these internet ratings for MCU and other fanbase properties. 

Ah OK. over bias with a bit of fandom wars thrown into the mix I guess. 

9 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

International fans can’t give verified ratings on RT I’m afraid. So they’re all from US users on Thursday previews. 

Ah OK. relevant for OW or not?

15 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Ah OK. over bias with a bit of fandom wars thrown into the mix I guess. 

Ah OK. relevant for OW or not?

I would say yeh since Americans are the only ones who vote in Cinemascore lol. Hopefully they give it some sort of A. It deserves it.