Eric Duncan

GOLDEN GLOBES 2020 DISCUSSION THREAD | 1917 and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood win

07-gg_logo_stacked_cmyk-blkversion.jpg?i

Tonight is the true beginning of award season. For three hours, deserved and not-so-deserved wins will emerge, all the while a bunch of celebrities will be shitfaced drunk and Ricky Gervais will be an obnoxious asshole.

Will Joker take home the Gold? Will Taylor Swift get Cats its one and only award before the Razzies arrive? How many awards will Netflix win? Are the HFPA full of a bunch of sexists? (well, we all know the answer to that)

Y'all know the rules by this point. Be nice, be civil, have fun. Do anything stupid, you're getting warning points. Enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

8 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Gervais is the only reason I might watch. 

Oscars going sans a host again this year?

yeah same, I don't watch award shows but i would really like to watch it now I know Ricky is host.

Shame it is on too late :(  up for work at 7:30am and Globes start at 1am

1 hour ago, Eric Laurence said:

Are the HFPA full of a bunch of sexists? (well, we all know the answer to that)

She's not announced among the presenters tonight but it would be everything if Natalie Portman came out on the stage to present Best Director again in a surprise twist. The caught-off-guard reactions of Nolan, GDT, Ridley Scott, etc. afterwards remains one of the funniest things I've seen at any awards show.

• Haha 1

Speaking of which here are the confirmed presenters for tonight:

Spoiler

Tim Allen

Jennifer Aniston

Christian Bale

Antonio Banderas

Jason Bateman

Annette Bening

Cate Blanchett

Matt Bomer

Pierce Brosnan

Glenn Close

Daniel Craig

Ted Danson

Ana de Armas

Leonardo DiCaprio

Ansel Elgort

Chris Evans

Dakota Fanning

Will Ferrell

Lauren Graham

Tiffany Haddish

Kit Harington

Salma Hayek

Scarlett Johansson

Elton John

Nick Jonas

Harvey Keitel

Zoë Kravitz

Jennifer Lopez

Rami Malek

Ewan McGregor

Kate McKinnon

Sienna Miller

Helen Mirren

Jason Momoa

Gwyneth Paltrow

Brad Pitt

Amy Poehler

Da'Vine Joy Randolph

Margot Robbie

Paul Rudd

Wesley Snipes

Octavia Spencer

Bernie Taupin

Charlize Theron

Sofía Vergara

Kerry Washington

Naomi Watts

Rachel Weisz

Reese Witherspoon

Haven't seen the show live in a couple of years but I wonder. Do they still do the mister and miss globe thing with famous actor's kids? That shit was always the most cringey segment for me. I feel like all involved every year looked embarrased by this bit.

17 minutes ago, Joel M said:

Haven't seen the show live in a couple of years but I wonder. Do they still do the mister and miss globe thing with famous actor's kids? That shit was always the most cringey segment for me. I feel like all involved every year looked embarrased by this bit.

Yes. I think Pierce Brosnan's kids are the ones handing out the awards to the stars this year.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Joel M said:

Last year it was...I want to say either The Rock's daughter.

Forget Gerwig and 2019...just wait for next season when it's quite possible that the top 3-4 movies at the box office are directed by women and STILL 5 men will be nominated for BD, and everyone will once again be up in arms, and half the season will be about that and the other half about Trump winning re-election. 

• Sad 1