Daxtreme

Disney+ MCU: Wandavision | January 15, 2021 | UNTAGGED SPOILERS ALLOWED! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK

2 minutes ago, Menor said:

Patrick Stewart? Don't really want to get my hopes up though.

I could be wrong of course, but I think it will be whoever is playing the aerospace engineer OR Nightmare/Mephisto. 

Some are thinking Patrick, some Ian, some Michael Douglas. I think it’s someone playing a character we’ve never seen on film. I just don’t know who that is!

• Like 1

Episode 7

Spoiler

To be honest I don't know who Agatha Harkness is as I don't read comics and in order to keep this a surprise I won't try to know but I'm glad to see the evil mastermind finally known, she seems very powerful and can't wait to know what she wants. This presentation was very anime/Disney like and i loved it just for that lol.

The episode wasn't as intense as ep 5 & 6 but it was good nonetheless, things move on!

• Like 1

Idk if it was just me but it took me 20 bloody minutes to get this episode going. Boo!

Edit:

So it wasn't just me.

Me being on my phone while the credits played and then us getting another scene was a very pleasant surprise. When that happened for Mando S2 I didn't realise until I got online so I was glad I caught it.

Spoiler

A more low-key transition episode but I liked seeing Wanda's control slipping and then Monica almost being able to get through to her at the end, only to be undone by Agatha, who I'm not familiar with her since I don't do comics but she looks interesting for sure. Speaking of Monica, it was super awesome to see her get her powers and that taste of them with her being able to see what she could. Plus the suit she was wearing giving a nod to her comic outfit was cool. If it went further with Wanda we could've seen some of her other powers but I suppose we'll have to wait.

Definitely see it ramping up for the last two episodes, and I'm looking forward to seeing what's going on with Agatha. It was good to find out that she'd sent "Pietro", particularly with the way he was acting last week, with him encouraging her about what she was doing with the Hex. And him being sent in the first place when Vision was getting Wanda to start questioning what was happening.

Edited by Gamora
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, fmpro said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

She's had a few aliases, Spectrum, Photon, and was the first female Captain Marvel. Since her mother's call sign was Photon they might be going with that, and there was Spectrum News Channel at SWORD in episode four as an easter egg.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fmpro said:
  Hide contents

Anyone knows who Monica is turning into? Does`ent it look like they are turning her into a superhero?

not sure for now, but maybe skimming through her wiki entry might give ideas?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monica_Rambeau

I am actually thinking about the 10 titles long Avengers No Road Home mini comic series as a possible pool for future on screen character combinations, maybe not all of them, but it would open up additional character pools too no one had mentioned here yet (I think 🤔)

Spoiler

big spoiler maybe:

Spoiler

it would bring in the elders of the universe (incl the Grandmaster again) per Voyage, and the Greek gods per Hercules, and in a way Nyx too, and that story has a form of multiverse 

A LOT of hero groups have at least a cameo there, even Conan the Barbarian

• Thanks 1

Spoiler

I love how they knew it was be pure exposition explaining Agatha's meddling so they made a catchy song instead. Overall the sitcom aspects didn't quite work as well meshing with the story but as a fan of many of Schur type sitcoms I really dug now it nailed being an episode of those shows and the opening theme will be stuck in my head for a while.

Love how the show managed on the side to make a seamless origin story for Monica Rambeau's powere while tie it to the story so it's not like it's making you think this is purely for future set up.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:
  Hide contents

Was trying to pin point which theme song WandaVision was parodying and thr closest is actually Happy Endings (another Russo Brothers influenced comedy show too)

- snip -

do you mean the 

Spoiler

last part?

• Like 1

Best episode for me as the comedy landed better and

Spoiler

That reveal at the end was most welcome. Monica gaining powers was also well done and I loved her confrontation with Wanda. At that point I became really suspicious of Agnes again since she intervened at the exact right moment again, and so I am glad that was paid off. And Vision finally learned about his past, and he is flying toward the house. I foresee some explosive confrontations next week. Can't wait. 

• Like 6