Daxtreme

Disney+ MCU: Wandavision | January 15, 2021 | UNTAGGED SPOILERS ALLOWED! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK

2 hours ago, WandaLegion said:

The ep has actually been holding quite well with additional reviews anyway (which are coming in fast). I believe it may end up 9.2, tied with ep 5 for the highest, and with the highest number of reviews of these first 8. 

I am just happy that overall rating is above 8. Now hopefully they stick the landing and it will only go upward.

• Like 1

Update

Out of 7668 voters only 3255 gave their age, 3741 gave their gender, and only 2335 gave their US/non-US location

IMDb Users

7,668 IMDb users have given a weighted average vote of 9.3 / 10 

Rating

Votes

66.7%

18.0%

7.7%

3.6%

1.5%

0.7%

0.4%

0.3%

0.2%

0.9%

Arithmetic mean = 9.3   Median = 10

Rating By Demographic

All Ages
      <18
     18-29
      30-44
       45+
All
Males
Females

Top 1000 Voters
US Users
Non-US Users

3 hours ago, jatvision said:

I wonder how will this feel bingeing. 

Probably a lot better. I hope the creatives learn from this show for their other future shows. Whilst I've loved the show so far, I can definitely see how people can feel like it feels dragged out/slow in the beginning because not much happens in the beginning. 

Right now it kind of feels like a long movie split into nine episodes. They need to craft a more serialized storyline outside of jumping through sitcom eras.

2 hours ago, Wormow said:

Probably a lot better. I hope the creatives learn from this show for their other future shows. Whilst I've loved the show so far, I can definitely see how people can feel like it feels dragged out/slow in the beginning because not much happens in the beginning. 

Right now it kind of feels like a long movie split into nine episodes. They need to craft a more serialized storyline outside of jumping through sitcom eras.

I personally find the current approach better tho.

Edited by jatvision
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jatvision said:

Actually no. I find this approach better. 

Agreed. If this had been a “one weekend binge” type show it wouldn’t have had anywhere near the impact that it’s had. The Pietro cliffhanger a few episodes back wouldn’t have resulted in a weeks worth of “wtf?!” from everyone if we’d been able to watch the next episode straight away.

Weekly episodes are infinitely better in my opinion, it gives us something to look forward to each Friday and allows us to discuss it in more detail.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler

Rewatching and Wanda's grief really hits hard near the end of the episode. Elizabeth Olsen is such a brilliant actress.

Like she's holding an entire town hostage and I have a hard time being mad at her for it. That's some brilliant writing and acting there, anybody else and I'd be like "I don't care that you're sad, RELEASE THEM!!"

• Like 8

2 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

Agreed. If this had been a “one weekend binge” type show it wouldn’t have had anywhere near the impact that it’s had. The Pietro cliffhanger a few episodes back wouldn’t have resulted in a weeks worth of “wtf?!” from everyone if we’d been able to watch the next episode straight away.

Weekly episodes are infinitely better in my opinion, it gives us something to look forward to each Friday and allows us to discuss it in more detail.

From the perspective of hype and being discussed I agree it should be the way it was released.

For my person preference for this show after the fact now I would of preferred to binge. 

re run time, not sure if this is generally known or not anymore, so:

Spoiler

it’s still longish, hopefully it will be more than an explosion fest (forgot the term), as some seem to hope or think, also expectations it to be like MCU movies or

Spoiler

even lead into MCU / Dr. Strange 2, like eg a bit the last scene of CA 1 did lead into Avengers 1 (in a way).

I am sure that will be a part of it too (after credits at least), I mean how much time will be spend for that, to have enough time to really conclude/finish/... character’s plights, not forgetting some nor have it end in a huge cliffhanger. A hint is fine, but personally I hate huge cliffhangers

When Feige says this, along with the new Spider-Man film and DS2, is a 3-parter story, he means a story in multiple parts like Infinity War/Endgame as opposed to three stories connected to each other, so wouldn't be surprised if the show finale ends with a shocking cliffhanger similar to IW as opposed to wrapping things up perfectly with a bow.

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 2/26/2021 at 7:08 PM, Menor said:

Easily the best episode so far. First one to really have me emotional. 

Hide contents

They were very intentional about saying that Wanda's powers were "awakened" by the Mind Stone, so I guess this implies mutants?

It implied she's a witch like Agatha and the other witches from Salem. A little clarity on how a "witch" is different from the magic users from Doctor Strange would be nice though.

I've been following this series weekly and I have to say that it has been fantastic. Wanda has always been one of my favorite MCU character and I always felt she was way underused. Glad that is not the case anymore. This has been a lot different than what Marvel has done so far and, because of that, it has received a lot of indifference from many Marvel fans but I honestly loved it. Don't get me wrong, I love the typical Marvel formula and I will probably enjoy Falcon and the Winter Soldier a lot but it was refreshing to have this series. The weekly format has also been a huge factor for my enjoyment for this. Binging is nice but it doesn't really give you that feeling of having to rush to watch the episode and seeing that horrible "please stand by" at the end of each episode and then going to twitter/other webs to see the theories fans had was fantastic. The only thing I didn't like was the runtime, they are all too short!! I understood for the first 3 since they are "sitcoms" but the rest are too goddamn short. Really excited to see the finale and see how it ties to 'Spider-Man: No Way Home' and 'Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness' which are now, together with 'The Eternals', my most anticipated movies of this phase 4. 

Edited by AN9815
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, AN9815 said:

The only thing I didn't like was the runtime, they are all too short!! I understood for the first 3 since they are "sitcoms" but the rest are too goddamn short.

Agree, but I am a fan of rather in-depth, complex stories.

I actually do a repeat of the unabridged version of The count of Monte Cristo, this time as a 57h audio version (but love the Penguin Classics written version just as much).

So for me its all about give more detail, depth, background, feel often its way too few given, and jump on all that seems to be ‘more’.

I think that is a big part of why I like the MCU so far.

10 hours ago, Wormow said:

Run-time for finale spoilers:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Disappointing, because that means they will leave LOTS of things unresolved most likely. Not sure how I feel about that. After a huge drought in marvel content the last thing people want I think is a bunch of unresolved plot points that involve more waiting for a year+

Not saying they can't tease anything, it's a marvel staple, but I hope the overarching plot will be mostly resolved... but I have a hard time seeing them do it in a satisfying manner in just under 45 minutes of footage.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2021 at 3:07 AM, jatvision said:

I wonder how will this feel bingeing. 

My Mom absolutely hates watching things week-to-week. So we watched episodes 3-7 In one sitting. My issue with episode four, basically that I thought it was 30 minutes Exposition when it should’ve been done in five, kind of went away because everything does flow. I’m also not waiting a week, so I was less upset that we’re going through the Exposition. I think the shower will really hold up if someone binges it. Or I think you could even watch it over three days: 1-3, 4-7, 8-9 

On 2/27/2021 at 9:32 AM, Daxtreme said:
  Hide contents

Rewatching and Wanda's grief really hits hard near the end of the episode. Elizabeth Olsen is such a brilliant actress.

Like she's holding an entire town hostage and I have a hard time being mad at her for it. That's some brilliant writing and acting there, anybody else and I'd be like "I don't care that you're sad, RELEASE THEM!!"

I don’t think these things are mutually exclusive. Her acting can be really great, and you can care that Wanda Needs to be held accountable for her actions.

• Like 2