Daxtreme

Disney+ MCU: Wandavision | January 15, 2021 | UNTAGGED SPOILERS ALLOWED! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK

31 minutes ago, jatvision said:

don't think people are that invested in it and hype is nearly as high as TLJ to have that big a fall or reaction.

If this turn out bad, which I doubt (will be watchable good at least), people will just move on to next thing i.e. TFWS. Probably scale of Ant-Man and the Wasp this is.

Personally I will just move on, and will hope that Feige take notes and fix the things if needed be in DS2.

Edit: adding this, yeah about par Ant-Man movie

Yeah I was being facetious with that “Last Jedi level” comment, I know it won’t really trigger people to that extent even if it’s underwhelming (which I doubt it will be having loved it so far). I just think there’s going to be a segment of the fanbase that isn’t happy when it doesn’t end up being a typical MCU ending. There’s not going to be some massive battle, nor does there need to be.

29 minutes ago, Menor said:

He already admitted that it was himself.

I still keep seeing speculation about it on Twitter so I think there’s plenty of people that his admission hasn’t filtered down to who will be setting themselves up for disappointment. Should be fun watching them meltdown tomorrow though! 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, jatvision said:

don't think people are that invested in it and hype is nearly as high as TLJ to have that big a fall or reaction.

If this turn out bad, which I doubt (will be watchable good at least), people will just move on to next thing i.e. TFWS. Probably scale of Ant-Man and the Wasp this is.

Personally I will just move on, and will hope that Feige take notes and fix the things if needed be in DS2.

Edit: adding this, yeah about par Ant-Man movie

Also same as FFH to be fair, though I always felt like something was off with Google trends for that film given the actual box office was much bigger than it suggested.

4 minutes ago, Gamora said:

Glad I stuck around (or you know, skipped) until the end, there's a post-credits scene.

yep both mid credit and post credit scenes for this one. 

Episode is great for me personally, glad the concept didn't overstay its welcome and looking forward to FatWS in a couple weeks.  

Edited by Jamiem
  • Like 4

Spoiler

My #1 worry for the show was always the old cliche of powerful woman goes crazy and evil, so thank the lord they didn't go that way. With it being a hugely popular assumption that she'd be the villain of Dr Strange I can't say I wasn't worried about it happening, so the ending of this pleased me greatly. Obviously what she did was wrong but she isn't evil and wants to understand her power, so that plays right into her fitting into Dr Strange, so I'm thrilled that things went the way they did.

I figured they would have Vision end up dying, but since he put his memories in White Vision doesn't that mean he's him? Definitely cried during their goodbye, but at the same time at least Wanda got a nice goodbye instead of watching Vision getting his head ripped open. Now she just needs to get her boys back.

Wanda pulling a Strange at the end with the studying while out of her body but also while still awake was cool, I really can't wait to see what she's getting up to in his movie. I love Strange as well so seeing these two interact will be awesome, pity we have to wait another year but it is what it is.

And that mid-credits scene with Monica was also great setup, it's always cool to see the Skrulls and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing her and Carol interact.

I never read much spec tbh, didn't want to get spoiled and people let themselves get too carried away, but I really enjoyed this finale, and at least we have the making of next week as well.

• Like 4

Overall good show.

Spoiler

In hindsight this felt like a movie now. Considering how series these days tries to end at high or epic note. This was sorta normal and instead of being its own thing, this in the end feels like just a setup for future film.

I will go for lenient 8/10.

I was expecting Dr Strange to show up in post credit scenes, and they did set up Wanda being a future villain somehow with that "destiny to destroy world". May be opening Multiverse is what amounts to "destroying the world".

Edited by jatvision
  • Like 1

@WandaLegion pointed that this would have been just weeks away from DS2 if not for COVID. I don't know exact day, but might as well released a trailer of DS2 in post credits originally.

Wonder why Disney chose to release it and not start with something like Falcon & WS or What If.

This is so far away from DS2. 

Spoiler

I hope they had made a little more on your face direct connection with DS2. 

2 minutes ago, jatvision said:

@WandaLegion pointed that this would have been just weeks away from DS2 if not for COVID. I don't know exact day, but might as well released a trailer of DS2 in post credits originally.

Wonder why Disney chose to release it and not start with something like Falcon & WS or What If.

This is so far away from DS2. 

Hide contents

I hope they had made a little more on your face direct connection with DS2. 

Guardians was years before Infinity War but I imagine most people remembered the connection between Gamora and Thanos. 

I'm sure most of the audience that watched WandaVision will remember the key elements they need to in order to fully understand Multiverse of Madness, 

• Like 3

Okay. Sigh. 

My thoughts:

Spoiler

I'm disappointed. This is the first episode this series where I've been upset. I've been the only person telling people I did not want cameos. I did not think a reveal for the engineer or the witness protection program person was coming (it didn't, which is fine) - but what I did want from the finale is for Wanda to understand her actions, accept death, and be the hero of the story. I wanted her to say goodbye and sacrifice Vision to do the right thing. 

I didn't cry at all - which is weird because I actually cried during episode 5 (when Wanda tells her kids we can't cheat death) and in episode 8. But this episode felt so... unimpactful. I didn't think Wanda's goodbye to Vision and her kids very strong at all.

Also, she took this town hostage. She mind controlled them. Sure, she's taken the hex down now, but she barely seems remorseful. She tells Monica she's sorry then leaves. No accountability at all for her crimes.

What was even the point of Monica this episode? She didn't come to save Darcy, or help Wanda in the battle. Or she was there for was to reveal that Fietro = Ralph, which was just pointless. It added nothing to the story. Ralph should have just been kept as a running gag.

ugh just so annoyed. And so much of what happened in the past 8 episodes make no sense - at this point I'm just going to consider them plot holes or weird contrivances. 

And Agatha? She was so much fun in previous episodes - she's just a cliche villain with a general ending.

Don't even get me started on Hayward. Really pointless. He's been my least favourite thing this series and he proved to be just completely unnecessary. 

I'm so sad. I at least just wanted this to feel emotional and I was so let down.

I think I'm let down because a supporting role in someone else's movie is not enough. I'm holding out hope that a Scarlet Witch movie is coming. Then I'll be happy because this was just set up. 

Also - it's going to be really hard for me to rewatch this series now. There's quite a few plot holes that I thought would become clearer by series end but so much of the "weird stuff" that happens early on doesn't really have an explanation, though I guess you could argue it was just Wanda's subconscious but that's such a cheap and poor explanation.

Edited by Wormow
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Jamiem said:

Guardians was years before Infinity War but I imagine most people remembered the connection between Gamora and Thanos. 

I'm sure most of the audience that watched WandaVision will remember the key elements they need to in order to fully understand Multiverse of Madness, 

Not about remembering. Yeah ofc audience remember Iron Man too.

About how the whole experience would have been so much better for setting something coming soon.

Like Ragnarok setting Thor's ship being attacked by Thanos to Infinity War directly opening there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jatvision said:

Not about remembering. Yeah ofc audience remember Iron Man too.

About how the whole experience would have been so much better for setting something coming soon.

Like Ragnarok setting Thor's ship being attacked by Thanos to Infinity War directly opening there.

Even then Black Panther was between the 2 but I see your point.