Eric S'ennui

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

3 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Yeah I'm guessing an RT around Love and Thunder but this seems like the type of movie that'll garner more "it's mid" reactions than "it's absolute garbage" reactions like Love and Thunder

Love and Thunder reviews were mid, the "its legitimately bad" consensus I feel only became a thing well after it came out, but it wasn't really reflected in critic or social media reactions.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

It does seem like this got chopped up in post-production. Do wonder why considering that Marvel hasn't had problems with long runtimes before.

If I had to guess, they were planning on doing extensive reshoots after test screenings didn't do well, but the strikes were in full swing by then, and they couldn't wait them out, so they opted to retool the movie in editing. In hindsight, looking at the reactions, they should've just swallowed their pride, push the movie to next year and done the reshoots needed to salvage the movie. But that would require confidence, and Marvel doesn't seem to have any in this one.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mulder said:

Why is this the character you seem to be going after and have an obvious bone to pick with when literally none of the big complaints about the Avengers game have to do with 'she's in it'. Again you keep ignoring how the awful E3 trailer is what's commonly cited as the beginning of the end for the game in addition to poor reviews, a live service model nobody liked, poor graphics, poor gameplay etc

Kamala and the story campaign was the best thing about that game, it was the repetitive and uninspired gameplay which was dragged down even further by the awful and forced live service BS that killed it. I enjoyed the story, and then it fell off a cliff.

• Like 3

Just now, SnokesLegs said:

Kamala and the story campaign was the best thing about that game, it was the repetitive and uninspired gameplay which was dragged down even further by the awful and forced live service BS that killed it. I enjoyed the story, and then it fell off a cliff.

Yeah, blaming the failure of a GaaS video game on one character is ridiculous. The game failed for a multitude of reasons, none of them being Kamala.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DInky said:

Based on the social media reactions I think the most positive outcome would be an RT score in the 60s.

After reading some reactions from some reactor channels I know, I'm thinking this gets a Rotten Tomato. They're saying they wished they had taken the free alcohol option during their screenings. Shit, I wouldn't be surprised if this goes below Morbius at this point.

Enjoyed this a lot, was shot well, great chemistry between the cast, really great humour. 

Kamala and Family were easily the MVPs! 

Gutted it isn’t going to do well Box Office wise, the showing I went to was only about 10% full which is crazy for an opening night showing, Free Guy at the same cinema/screen during COVID restrictions had a bigger crowd :( 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

After reading some reactions from some reactor channels I know, I'm thinking this gets a Rotten Tomato. They're saying they wished they had taken the free alcohol option during their screenings. Shit, I wouldn't be surprised if this goes below Morbius at this point.

17 minutes ago, Potiki said:

Enjoyed this a lot, was shot well, great chemistry between the cast, really great humour. 

Kamala and Family were easily the MVPs! 

Gutted it isn’t going to do well Box Office wise, the showing I went to was only about 10% full which is crazy for an opening night showing, Free Guy at the same cinema/screen during COVID restrictions had a bigger crowd :( 

You will never find a greater example of The Duality of BOT in action. 

Might as well close up shop, boys and girls, we're dun here.

• Haha 6