Eric is Quiet

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

Marvel is clearly angling towards building a young Avengers. If you don't buy into Kamala as a hero, then maybe the future of the MCU just isn't for you. She's a huge bright shining beacon of positivity and fun and what it means to be a hero. I hope they build the MCU around her character just like they did with Captain America.

It's hilarious that some of you equate humorous and light with she hulk and love and thunder as if those projects were panned or derided or something. 

Do you believe that twitter which decides months before a movie comes out what it's quality is gonna be is indicative of a consensus?  Love and thunder got OK reviews.  So it's not a black Adam,  shazam 2 or a dark phoenix scenario

2 minutes ago, Jeight said:

It's hilarious that some of you equate humorous and light with she hulk and love and thunder as if those projects were panned or derided or something. 

Do you believe that twitter which decides months before a movie comes out what it's quality is gonna be is indicative of a consensus?  Love and thunder got OK reviews.  So it's not a black Adam,  shazam 2 or a dark phoenix scenario

What about Audience reception, Bs on Cinemascore and Poor percentage in Postrack

Edited by THUNDER BIRD

It does look fun. Honestly looks more fun than Ant-Man 3 ever looked and GotG 3 currently looks.

I know the movies couldn't be further apart in terms of genre, but Candyman looked absolutely incredible and it is disappointing to see how flat this looks.

Edited by ddddeeee

7 minutes ago, Jeight said:

I agree She-Hulk wasn’t panned mainly because it was review bombed a lot but Love and Thunder did have mixed reception amongst the GA. For the record, the CinemaScore and audience reviews are in tangent with Black Adam and Shazam 2 although it did well financially.

Most of the comments on YT are by people saying stuff like "M-she-u" or "98% female cast, DOA". Aka bunch of idiots.  Just like the first Captain Marvel. It´s a shitshow.  I´m sure it has tons of dislikes aswell by that crowd. It already has more comments than the last GoTG vol 3 trailer and Secret Invasion trailer has. That says it all.  YT is never a indication of reaction positively or negatively.

Edit: Yup, 150K dislikes apparently - very organic indeed. Don´t think there any grounds to make anything of this. Only time will tell.

Edited by thajdikt
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Most of the comments on youtube are negative (if you remove the bots who are top rated). The number of likes in contrast is very good. Over 200K. I don't know what to make out of this.

i mean people were expecting shitshow yesterday since  brie larson is in it

I will also say this having seen it again, and I hope regardless of what we think of the trailer itself we can agree on this:

Iman Vellani twice in this trailer has to play Kamala as being in a seemingly life threatening situation. Once a vocal performance when hurtling through space, and once visibly when seeing the Flerkin for the first time.

She plays both of those moments sincerely and gun-barrel straight as being terrified. 

And that is deeply, deeply refreshing. It shouldn't be, but it is. And puts much bigger names than her to shame. And is why likening this to Thor L&T is IMO incorrect. 

Edited by Ipickthiswhiterose
  • Like 1

It was horrendous during the first Captain Marvel, its probably going to be even worse now but as we know shit like that doesn´t affect the actual movie, it´s just social media discourse. If the movie does bad or good it won´t be because of those idiots. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Meh but this is not my cup of tea. Big question is this being a team up of female SH brings in a hook. Only close to release when presales start we will know. Let us see if this movie can reverse the trend we have seen with MCU flicks(declining presales).

Worth flagging that CM1 wasn't actually particularly female-skewing despite the big representational push (though posttrak saw 86% positive for women versus 80% positive for men). It will be interesting to see if e.g. there's a group of people who saw WW or Hunger Games but not Captain Marvel that Disney can activate.

1 minute ago, thajdikt said:

It was horrendous during the first Captain Marvel, its probably going to be even worse now but as we know shit like that doesn´t affect the actual movie, it´s just social media discourse. If the movie does bad or good it won´t be because of those idiots. 

If movie is good and reviews are decent,  audience will go to watch it.

Social Media doesn't matter at all specifically in cases like this.

• Like 1