Boxofficerules

Weekend Thread: Estimates BB 34, 1917 15.8, Dolittle 12.5, Gentlemen 11, Jumanji 7.9, Turning 7.3 | Bad Boys and 1917 cross 100M, Star Wars 500M

The Innocents, Ju-on1/2 are classics and their remakes getting an F within a month is dispiriting.

Would recommend folks to read The Turn of the Screw if they haven't and then watch The Innocents. It's a lesson on adapting literary works and a beautiful emotional horror film (a bit heavy on melodrama but that was for it's times).

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Eric Dolittle said:

Jesus. And that was the same month as Blair Witch 2. Those movies must have really stunk

Been a while since I saw it but the last scene in Dr. T & the Women (which I remember being an extremely boring movie otherwise) is a graphic depiction of an actual birth (with a close-up shot of the baby coming out and everything). In retrospect it's probably understandable why audiences in 2000 gave it an F on the way out lol.

Lost Souls was one of those terrible movies Winona Ryder found herself in while her star was fading even before her scandal. Lucky Numbers: between that and Battlefield Earth, let's just say it wasn't a good year for John Travolta.

17 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Been a while since I saw it but the last scene in Dr. T & the Women (which I remember being an extremely boring movie otherwise) is a graphic depiction of an actual birth (with a close-up shot of the baby coming out and everything). In retrospect it's probably understandable why audiences in 2000 gave it an F on the way out lol.

Lost Souls was one of those terrible movies Winona Ryder found herself in while her star was fading even before her scandal. Lucky Numbers: between that and Battlefield Earth, let's just say it wasn't a good year for John Travolta.

Isn't there a hurricane scene in Dr T and the Women?

Before the scene you described, Richard Gere's character is driving ( after getting dumped by Helen Hunt's character ) and he gets stuck in a hurricane and then wakes up in Mexico. Thing is, he was in New York ( I think ). So, the hurricane took him to Mexico. Yeah, that movie was the definition of F CinemaScore.

54 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

The Nun was coming after two loved movies, TC3 is coming after THE NUN and an Annabelle movie that didn't make a lot of impact, if it gets bad reviews, it will struggle. 

It will not struggle. Conjuring Universe is very beloved overseas. 

2 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Isn't there a hurricane scene in Dr T and the Women?

Before the scene you described, Richard Gere's character is driving ( after getting dumped by Helen Hunt's character ) and he gets stuck in a hurricane and then wakes up in Mexico. Thing is, he was in New York ( I think ). So, the hurricane took him to Mexico. Yeah, that movie was the definition of F CinemaScore.

Yeah, I believe so, right as Kate Hudson ditches her big outdoor wedding to be with Liv Tyler. Odd movie but also boring.

Good Friday jump for TROS actually.

TLJ crossed the 600M mark on the comparable post MLK weekend and TROS will cross 500M on the same weekend.

TLJ added another ~16M, the same late legs would make TROS finish around 513-514M (2.3x multiplier from a 5.2M weekend).

• Like 6