Ezen Baklattan

BOFFY VIII - The Awards (Parasite wins 10 including Picture, Director, Ensemble)

Just now, Jake Gittes said:

It's gotta be Pugh. I put Cho Yeo-jeong as my #1 but I don't think she has a chance.

pugh was my #1 but little women ain't won shit and parasite's been cleaning up so you never know. vote splitting might be a thing. i had Park higher than Cho.

• Knock It Off 1

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS

Laura Dern, Marriage Story

Jennifer Lopez, Hustlers

Florence Pugh, Little Women

Park So-Dam, Parasite

Zhao Shuzhen, The Farewell

Cho Yeo-jeong, Parasite

And the winner is...

KEVIN GARNETT, a write in winner!

usa-today-8931791.0.jpg

o8pBviH.png

Edited by The Panda
  • Like 8
  • Knock It Off 1

2 minutes ago, Eric the Hedgehog said:

Also just IMHO, but Park So-dam has kind of become the MVP of Parasite for me, so I'm hoping she wins it, if she's even nominated lol

my last rewatch a couple weeks ago i kinda realized that Lee Jung-eun is stealth the best supporting actress in that movie. she's been dominating that category at the korean awards shows but that performance is weirdly ignored here. she's so good. but i didn't come to that realization until after i snubbed her from my ballot so whatever.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

my last rewatch a couple weeks ago i kinda realized that Lee Jung-eun is stealth the best supporting actress in that movie. she's been dominating that category at the korean awards shows but that performance is weirdly ignored here. she's so good. but i didn't come to that realization until after i snubbed her from my ballot so whatever.

Not hot enough unlike Cho and Park.

There's nothing wrong with Laura Dern's performance in Marriage Story but I liked her more in Little Women, and the role is just too close to Renata from BLL for me to really appreciate it. Take BLL away and maybe I'd be more on board.

• Like 1