cheesypoofs

Scream | January 14, 2022 | Profit of $56.7M

7 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I don’t know, I can see why Scream 4 is a 15. It has a slightly lighter tone and I guess they can get away with the first 4 “Stab” deaths as parody/spoof, as one of the slit throats is pretty graphic. 

A dude gets shot in the dick, quite graphically.

13 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

A dude gets shot in the dick, quite graphically.

Well you see him get shot in the crotch through his jeans, it’s very brief but I see what you mean.

The film was still rated only a 15 here, with no cuts required. 

The BBFC are unpredictable though, as @SnokesLegsand I have discussed before, they seem to go through phases. 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

The closet death in Scream 4 was very violent (and mean spirited, but I wont get into another Scream 4 rant).

That’s true actually. Plus we see her insides and there’s also all of the self harm towards the end of 4. Guess they got lucky over here with the ratings board. 

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Well you see him get shot in the crotch through his jeans, it’s very brief but I see what you mean.

The film was still rated only a 15 here, with no cuts required. 

The BBFC are unpredictable though, as @SnokesLegsand I have discussed before, they seem to go through phases. 

Yeah, I genuinely think that if Scream 4 were rated today it’d be an easy 18, whereas ten years ago 18’s were actually quite rare outside of something like Saw. Now nearly everything horror related seems to get hit with one, like Last Night in Soho. Conversely though, I’d bet on Scream 3 being a 15 because it really isn’t gory at all.

• Like 1

I read that the social media embargo is up on January 6th but no idea if it's true.

Incredibly sad I can't see this in theatres now that Ontario is shuttered. I guess we'll see if the rumours of this going to Paramount+ after 45-days are true, otherwise who knows how long I'll have to wait to see it.

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I read that the social media embargo is up on January 6th but no idea if it's true.

Incredibly sad I can't see this in theatres now that Ontario is shuttered. I guess we'll see if the rumours of this going to Paramount+ after 45-days are true, otherwise who knows how long I'll have to wait to see it.

I don’t think those are just rumours, isn’t 45 days until Paramount+ the deal with all Paramount releases going forward? I’m sure they said this would be the case with Top Gun 2 and Mission Impossible 7, so I’d imagine Scream will be the same.

Edited by SnokesLegs

15 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

I don’t think those are just rumours, isn’t 45 days until Paramount+ the deal with all Paramount releases going forward? I’m sure they said this would be the case with Top Gun 2 and Mission Impossible 7, so I’d imagine Scream will be the same.

It would make sense, I just haven't seen Scream specifically mentioned as having a 45-day window. Most articles I've read have just said "most" movies will.

Edited by Taylor

3 minutes ago, ViktorLosAngeles said:

There are rumors that they are discussing about pushing this back at Paramount right now.

Oh I haven’t seen anything. It seems very late to push it, tickets have been on sale for a while and David and Neve were doing TV interviews today?

@EmpireCity have you heard anything about this? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Oh I haven’t seen anything. It seems very late to push it, tickets have been on sale for a while and David and Neve were doing TV interviews today?

@EmpireCity have you heard anything about this? 

I mean, I have my ticket already as well, but some guy that works in entertainment and who so far had all reliable info shared it on twitter. Hope he's wrong, or if they are discussing it I hope they give up.

They probably can´t delay it anymore, the deals is already closed with everyone from the cast to production and theaters.

They would have to pay to move it 8 days prior release, and honestly i doubt it´s worth it, they already spend a lot on marketing.

In 2020 everyone delay without any mamjor problems because theaters was closed, it´s a different situation now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

They probably can´t delay it anymore, the deals is already closed with everyone from the cast to production and theaters.

They would have to pay to move it 8 days prior release, and honestly i doubt it´s worth it, they already spend a lot on marketing.

In 2020 everyone delay without any mamjor problems because theaters was closed, it´s a different situation now.

Perhaps, but they literally pulled A Quiet Place Part II a week from release back in 2020. Granted that was the early days of covid and everything was closing and shutting down. 

The box office numbers right now would have to really start tanking March 2020-style or states would need to be closing up shop again in order to justify delaying this. Given that horror is been one of the very few things to thrive during the pandemic, this will stay put and if it doesn't do so great opening weekend then they can just put it out on PVOD or Paramount+ two weeks later.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

Perhaps, but they literally pulled A Quiet Place Part II a week from release back in 2020. Granted that was the early days of covid and everything was closing and shutting down. 

That was when theatres where shutting down everywhere, things where bad back then.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

Yes, but like i said, that's because theaters are closed.

This time everything is open and without restrictions, they would have to pay millions to delay this so close to release date.

For a movie that probably only cost 20M or so, i don't think it's worth it. Presales look good, and if underperforms they can rush the VOD / streaming release and get the money elsewhere.

• Like 1