cheesypoofs

Scream | January 14, 2022 | Profit of $56.7M

1 minute ago, ThomasNicole said:

I don't think reviews will be useless in this case for success.

Scream 3 is very bad received, Scream 4 is aging kinda well for many people but it wasn't that good received when released and didn't make success. If Scream 5 get bad reviews, it can definitely be perceived on social media as a proof that this franchise doesn't have anything to say anymore and just wants money, which obviously is bad for any movie, especially one opening during a peak of covid. Fans will watch anyway, but every movie needs more than fanbases to justify it's existance.

If reviews are very good tho, it will be perceived more as a strong comeback of something beloved, which can only help.

I'm hopeful for good reviews not only because i love this franchise, but because i do believe bad reviews along Omicron peak can destroy this movie potential.

This kind of proves my point, if you think Scream 3 was very badly received, it still made only $14m less than the two previous films. 

I get what you’re saying though, Twitter focuses heavily on RT scores and the Internet are more obsessed with that tomato than they were in 2011. But horror has a long history of being pretty critic proof to some extent.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

This kind of proves my point, if you think Scream 3 was very badly received, it still made only $14m less than the two previous films. 

I get what you’re saying though, Twitter focuses heavily on RT scores and the Internet are more obsessed with that tomato than they were in 2011. But horror has a long history of being pretty critic proof to some extent.

Yes, you get my point.

I would actually agreed with you that maybe it won't matter in another environment. But with the Omicron thing, i suspect people will be more selective, and bad reviews in a time that the tomato score spread like a virus online, it could hurt it badly.

Reactions are coming out now tho, let me see how it looks like, let's hope for the best possible.

Edited by ThomasNicole

20 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Hope its good but critics vastly over hyped Halloween 

Halloween was good though it had some misses opportunities too. 

4 hours ago, iHeartJames said:

It seems from several reactions that the main consensus is that the cast is great but the standouts are Jenna Ortega and Jasmin Savoy Brown

After seeing Yellowjackets, she’s definitely having a good year.

Great reactions, can’t wait for next Friday!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

After seeing Yellowjackets, she’s definitely having a good year.

Great reactions, can’t wait for next Friday!

Oh she’s so so good in Yellowjackets. Everyone is. What a show! Glad you’re enjoying it too. 

Hyped about these reactions, especially from Heather and Meg, the two horror critics I seem to align with most. 

• Like 1

I have no clue how Omicron is going to affect this. But honestly other than it’s unfortunate timing in terms of release date, I’d say this is setting up to be the perfect storm. 

If omicron wasn’t a factor, I’d say we could be seeing 40M for the 4-day for this.

32 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Meagan and Heather are both certainly worth a look then. 

I haven’t heard of Erik Davis. 

Oh I know, those and some others are the reactions I buy a lot and make me very excited to see it. But the total amount of the ones that have posted reactions so far just has a higher average of people with far more incentive to be positive than negative about any film. There are plenty of critics I'm looking forward to hearing from, and hopefully it won't take long for them to see it. The best sign this early on though is even the most negative reactions I can find so far still enjoyed the film on the whole.