cheesypoofs

Scream | January 14, 2022 | Profit of $56.7M

Industry predictions for “Scream” are in the $35 million-$40 million range over four days. Its audience should be minimally impacted by omicron concerns: Although there are some closures in Canada, so far there have been no moves to limit U.S. theaters. “Scream” could result in $80 million or more by the month’s end.

https://www.indiewire.com/2022/01/spider-man-850-million-january-box-office-1234688652/

Would be incredible if accurate.

• Astonished 1

13 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Industry predictions for “Scream” are in the $35 million-$40 million range over four days. Its audience should be minimally impacted by omicron concerns: Although there are some closures in Canada, so far there have been no moves to limit U.S. theaters. “Scream” could result in $80 million or more by the month’s end.

https://www.indiewire.com/2022/01/spider-man-850-million-january-box-office-1234688652/

"Box office website The Numbers projects Resurrections to earn $67 million in its first weekend and gross $150 million domestic overall" teas

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Oooh that would be an incredible start. But yes, I’m not getting my hopes up. 

Scream 4 was predicted over $50m, hit tracking at $27m and opened to $19m. 

Just now, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Opening weekend and total in the US, I assume. That user tends to be pretty pessimistic.

Oh wow. Yea that would be way off if that’s what they mean. This should do at least $25M OW and potentially over $30M.

43 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

I feel like the reviews are going to be important for this movie, especially since chapter 4 doesn't seem to have left fans wanting more. We all know what happened to Dark Fate, The Suicide Squad and Matrix 4. Fingers crossed the Sins of the Father curse is finally broken with this movie!

Reviews have rarely ever been of much importance for slasher films. 

Why have you used those films as a comparison? 

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Ehhhhhh, when reviews are strong, it makes a big difference. Strong reviews probably $25m go 2018 HALLOWEEN opening weekend. 

22 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Ehhhhhh, when reviews are strong, it makes a big difference. Strong reviews probably $25m go 2018 HALLOWEEN opening weekend. 

I disagree. I think everyone who went to see Halloween on opening weekend was always going on opening weekend regardless. 

Sure they might persuade some people in the long run, but not the opening weekend horror crowd. 

A fun example: ten years ago today, horror audiences sent The Devil Inside to a $34m opening with a 5% RT score lol. 

Edited by Krissykins

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

I don't think reviews will be useless in this case for success.

Scream 3 is very bad received, Scream 4 is aging kinda well for many people but it wasn't that good received when released and didn't make success. If Scream 5 get bad reviews, it can definitely be perceived on social media as a proof that this franchise doesn't have anything to say anymore and just wants money, which obviously is bad for any movie, especially one opening during a peak of covid. Fans will watch anyway, but every movie needs more than fanbases to justify it's existance.

If reviews are very good tho, it will be perceived more as a strong comeback of something beloved, which can only help.

I'm hopeful for good reviews not only because i love this franchise, but because i do believe bad reviews along Omicron peak can destroy this movie potential.