cheesypoofs

Scream | January 14, 2022 | Profit of $56.7M

12 minutes ago, Taylor said:

If you've watched the other trailers/TV spots there's not really anything new in there; it's just a bunch of critic quotes. But it's an effective trailer. 

Ooh thanks for the heads up. 

11 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

If Blumhouse had released this I bet we would have seen every death by now and the final trailer would have revealed the killers identity and motive.

So true haha. Thank god it’s not with Blumhouse for that reason. 

These directors said they’ve shown very little here and what we have seen could be a misdirect. So excited. 

18 minutes ago, filmlover said:

This is selling really well in PLFs around me (the 7:00 Thursday at the theater I'll be seeing it at this weekend has already sold 1/3 of the auditorium). Curious to see what the percentage of those formats will be like.

I think Candyman’s was 23%, but that was only Thu/Fri/Sat from Deadline. It’ll be interesting! 

45 minutes ago, filmlover said:

This is selling really well in PLFs around me (the 7:00 Thursday at the theater I'll be seeing it at this weekend has already sold 1/3 of the auditorium). Curious to see what the percentage of those formats will be like.

Atom deals allow for PLF purchase - so they juice the PLFs, just like AMC/Regal subscribers do...since a lot of folks go as singles or couples for this type of movie, I expect a huge PLF skew this weekend...

9 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Atom deals allow for PLF purchase - so they juice the PLFs, just like AMC/Regal subscribers do...since a lot of folks go as singles or couples for this type of movie, I expect a huge PLF skew this weekend...

And those just went on sale 3 hours ago, hopefully they boost sales in a meaningful way this weekend. 

6 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

When does the review embargo end.

Tomorrow morning, don't remember the exact time.

EDIT: Grace says hers is going live at 3AM ET so I guess around then.

Edited by Taylor

1 minute ago, SnokesLegs said:

It’s worth watching for Parker Posey alone!

100%. She and Courteney are great scene partners.

The movie doesn't work if you stop and think about it for even a second, but in the moment it's a lot of fun.

Beltrami wrote a killer score for it, too.

ouTube

• Like 1