Ryan Reynolds

Don't Worry Darling | Sep 23 2022 | We’re Just Here For The Mess

57 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Excited to see this but afraid to get into a screening full of loud Harry Styles fangirls 

Lol I’m watching it tomorrow WITH a group of loud Harry Styles fan girls. Might be the only way I’ll be able to get through this.

2 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

Is this The Room level bad? Might be worth watching.:hahaha:

Or if it is just boring bad then I wont bother.

From what I've read, I would say neither
Consensus seems to be that the cinematography is superb, Flo is great as always, while on the other hand Harry can't act, there are some intresting concepts but not very good execution and pacing problems. 

• Like 1

It's a perfectly fine movie. I'm sure it would be fresh (like 65-70%) on RT if Olivia image wasn't so bad right now. 

I would rate it a 3/5. It's consistently entertaining, always keeps you guessing, Miss Flo is superb, cinematography / OST is excellent, and Olivia is a good director, she really knows how to create an atmosphere, the whole thing is freaky and very interesting visually, really cool ideas all around.

The script is awful tho, very underveloped and the whole cast besides Florence is bad. Some more rewrites and a better casting and it would be a great movie.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

Honestly I’m kind of surprised to hear all over that Harry is pretty bad in the movie, given how he turned in a pretty great performance in Dunkirk.

He's very silent on Dunkirk. 

He's fine on DWD as well when he's silent, the problem begins when he speaks, especially screaming he's awful screaming.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

It's a perfectly fine movie. I'm sure it would be fresh (like 65-70%) on RT if Olivia image wasn't so bad right now. 

I would rate it a 3/5. It's consistently entertaining, always keeps you guessing, Miss Flo is superb, cinematography / OST is excellent, and Olivia is a good director, she really knows how to create an atmosphere, the whole thing is freaky and very interesting visually, really cool ideas all around.

The script is awful tho, very underveloped and the whole cast besides Florence is bad. Some more rewrites and a better casting and it would be a great movie.

This right here is why the bad reviews. Critics in 2022 review the script, they don't review the movie. 

Not that I'm rooting for Wilde. She fucked over Sudekis so whatever with her. 

Edited by tonytr87

20 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:
22 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Mr Chris is bad? he's one of the most reliable actors out there. Glad you enjoyed it, I'm seeing it tomorrow and now I'm strangely anticipating the experience of hearing Harry Styles scream, which is not something I ever thought I'd say.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

Even Chris, it's not his fault to be fair. 

The character is very underwritten, he received pretty much nothing to work with, so he's just there making some ambiguous expressions.

"Inspired by Jordan Peterson" wasn't enough direction or character development, then? LOL

74 percent verified audience score with under 50 reviews, not great.

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl

3 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

Even Chris, it's not his fault to be fair. 

The character is very underwritten, he received pretty much nothing to work with, so he's just there making some ambiguous expressions.

Harry Styles is also getting bad reviews for his performance in another film "My Policeman"

Edited by John2015

5 minutes ago, John2015 said:

Harry Styles is also getting bad reviews for his performance in another film "My Policeman"

Yeah he's the worst one here. 

Maybe he should drop the acting career, in the past 10 months he already had Eternals / DWD / My Policeman all with bad reviews 

Maybe he's cursing the movies jk

27 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Yeah he's the worst one here. 

Maybe he should drop the acting career, in the past 10 months he already had Eternals / DWD / My Policeman all with bad reviews 

Maybe he's cursing the movies jk

Dunkirk did well.

So he should be in movies, as long as he doesn't talk.

• Haha 1