Ryan Reynolds

Don't Worry Darling | Sep 23 2022 | We’re Just Here For The Mess

28 minutes ago, CJohn said:

DOA.

12/35

Even a $30M domestic total seems generous to me. I'm expecting a total closer to $25M. Positive reviews were the only hope this movie ever had. Without them, it's as good as dead. Zaslav probably should have thrown this in the tax writeoff pile too in hindsight.

One thing's for sure: the Avatar reissue has the #1 spot for its opening weekend in the bag now. Not by much, mind you-I'm not expecting that to do well either in the streaming age-but still.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

I think Zendaya might be a more fitting candidate for the current Hollywood it girl than Florence Pugh. 

Anyway, it looks like this movie wasn’t even worth all the drama surrounding it. Oh well. 

Maybe in 2017/2018. Zendaya has progressed passed It Girl and is a full fledged star, I'd say. 

2 hours ago, Grebacio said:

Eh, even with these reviews I think it will open in the 20s, and will finish in the 50s/60s

That would be great honestly, but I feel like this needed pretty good reviews at least for that kinda opening. Even Harry Styles stans seem to spite this movie bc of Olivia more than their love for Harry so I wouldn't be surprised even if they can't carry it.

And also, this isn't like Venom, where it can escape the bad reviews and be a crowdpleaser. I think audiences will also very VERY divided by this, which will hurt its legs

Edited by Pinacolada

I really haven’t been following most of the cast drama, but at this point, a behind the scenes doc might have higher grossing potential 

Edited by M37
  • Like 1

Harry Styles apparently spitting on Chris Pine is exactly the kind of celebrity scandal or feud I can fully get invested into.

I'll still see this despite the reviews but the $30-35M total predictions sound about right. This is the kind of movie that really needed good reviews in hopes of a breakout.

Also:

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

People out here zaprudering this shit

Everyone and their grandmother in that cinema has a phone, many more videos will surface online in the coming days/weeks as people get around to posting them. You're going to see that row of seats from all the angles soon enough, LOL...

50 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Everyone and their grandmother in that cinema has a phone, many more videos will surface online in the coming days/weeks as people get around to posting them. You're going to see that row of seats from all the angles soon enough, LOL...

kramer-keithhernandez.gif

• Haha 2