Eric is Quiet

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

On 12/22/2021 at 12:08 AM, Krissykins said:

Watched “Batman Returns” last night and I can’t wait to see another Catwoman soon. 

Michelle Pfeiffer is so iconic. Wow.  

On 12/22/2021 at 1:30 AM, Lucas said:

Rewatched Returns a few days ago, it's so fucking good. 

It's trending on Twitter as this seems to finally be the year people have discovered it as the brilliant Christmas movie gem that it is. 

We need another Gotham Christmas movie.

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 3
  • Astonished 1

14 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

It's trending on Twitter as this seems to finally be the year people have discovered it as the brilliant Christmas movie gem that it is. 

We need another Gotham Christmas movie.

Hell yeah, might be my favorite comic book movie. Would love to see another Batman Christmas film.

• Like 1

Pfeiffer's performance is iconic and up there with Julie Newmar and Eartha Kitt. In comparison, Anne was boring as the script didn't bother giving her Selina any vulnerability, there were times where it felt she was straining when it came to the edgy scenes and she seemed a bit out of her depth. Rosamund Pike or Rebecca Ferguson would have killed it by bringing a greater sense of danger and allure to the role.

I feel like Zoe is going to nail it, especially as she may also be aided by better material than what Hathaway got.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spidey Freak said:

Pfeiffer's performance is iconic and up there with Julie Newmar and Eartha Kitt. In comparison, Anne was boring as the script didn't bother giving her Selina any vulnerability, there were times where it felt she was straining when it came to the edgy scenes and she seemed a bit out of her depth. Rosamund Pike or Rebecca Ferguson would have killed it by bringing a greater sense of danger and allure to the role.

I feel like Zoe is going to nail it, especially as she may also be aided by better material than what Hathaway got.

Rosamund Pike, I like, but can't imagine her doing better than Hathaway did. Not Ferguson for sure as Selina.

I thought she brought in the most mystery but also agency/command. Found her to be the best in TDKR.

• Like 1

Bale took over as most people's favourite Batman, as did Oldman as Gordon, as did Caine as Alfred, Ledger as Joker...but Hathaway didn't. There are a dozen reasons for that, but the main one is probably that her movie isn't even slightly interested in her. She has screentime but nothing to do. Her relationship with Bruce is reduced to 'Bruce just knows Selina can be good' because Nolan's only interested in Bruce's side. 

Bruce tries to talk down Selina in Batman Returns, too, but it's allowed to be more because Selina is a fully fledged character who actually exists outside of Bruce. What's more, she tells Bruce where to go, kills the main villain anyway and isn't punished for it. The movie is 100% with her. Not because she's the love interest, but because the movie is genuinely invested in her.

God that movie rules.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hatheway was brilliant in TDKR. The early scene in the dinner where she goes from "fool" to "playing the fool" to pretending to be terrified when the cops arrive was epic. 

Nolan gave his 2nd and 3rd film villain all such badass establishing scenes. Joker got the bank robbery, hotel kitchen and pool table scene, Two-Face gets to kill the cops and Maroni; Bane gets to crash the plane and then "Do you feel in charge?", and Catwoman gets stealing Wayne's fingerprints, car, and then the restaurant scene. They're all brilliant. 

Edited by excel1
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, JWR said:

1. Pfeiffer

2. Hathaway 

3. Newmar

4. Lee

5. Berry

Excited to see where Kravitz lands on my ranking.

To be fair, this isn’t Kravitz first time as Catwoman theatrically.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Brilliant idea announcing that this far in advance…

They didn’t announce anything lol, it was in an interview where they were talking about when movies would come to streaming. It’s not like there’s some press release they put out. We already knew WB signed a deal with theatres for an exclusive 45 day theatrical run starting in 2022. 

2 minutes ago, cax16 said:

They didn’t announce anything lol, it was in an interview where they were talking about when movies would come to streaming. It’s not like there’s some press release they put out. We already knew WB signed a deal with theatres for an exclusive 45 day theatrical run starting in 2022. 

Telling people the exact date their movie will be available for streaming seems like the kind of thing they should've held off on. 

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

Telling people the exact date their movie will be available for streaming seems like the kind of thing they should've held off on. 

We knew about the 45 day window already, I guess I just don’t see the big issue. If people wanna see a big event movie in theatres they’re gonna see it. If they don’t feel comfortable going then they’re gonna wait anyways. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Brilliant idea announcing that this far in advance…

3 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

3 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

In that case, they might as well not even release their movies in theaters, or at the very least, stick to the day and date model. 

They didn't announce a date at all. Jason Kilar said that they are doing 45 day windows on a podcast which was just reiterating what they already do, Comic book.com used that to calculate the date.

Helps to actually read the articles or listen to the podcast instead of a headline with no further explanation. WB haven't said a date for streaming here.

Basically what I'm saying is - read beyond a tweet summation and read the damn articles. That will actually address your comment of "they shouldn't announce an actual date" because they haven't.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, grim22 said:

They didn't announce a date at all. Jason Kilar said that they are doing 45 day windows on a podcast which was just reiterating what they already do, Comic book.com used that to calculate the date.

Helps to actually read the articles or listen to the podcast instead of a headline with no further explanation. WB haven't said a date for streaming here.

Basically what I'm saying is - read beyond a tweet summation and read the damn articles. That will actually address your comment of "they shouldn't announce an actual date" because they haven't.

There wasn’t an article posted here. It was just a tweet. If you’re trying to accuse me of “concern trolling” again, I assure you, I’m not insinuating that this will cause the movie to underperform. I’m actually expecting this movie to do pretty well for itself. I just expressed some mild annoyance at what I assumed was WB being counterintuitive again. 

Edited by WittyUsername