Eric Duncan

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

2 minutes ago, Maggie said:

dont-look-up-header

I mean it makes sense on paper why they would all sign on. McKay's been on a hot streak at the awards circuit, he's a nice, likable guy, it has a good hook, and you get to work on something "important". A lot can happen from signing on to production to editing.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I will say there was a little much typical action/banter stuff in that trailer compared to the Se7en vibes we got from the last two, but I have faith in Reeves. I also have faith that this many choosy actors wouldn't pick a loser project - maybe one or two of them would make a bad choice as is normal, but all of these people at the exact same time? Nah.

This is probably the trailer to be screened in theaters for the next 3 months, it makes sense for them to cut a video focused on action.

I wouldn't think this represents the movie tho, this has screened many times in the last months and everyone keep saying it's a 3 hour noir mistery movie, even if it have big setpieces.

• Like 1

Reeves and Fraiser really taking what Johnson and Yedlin did to another level. Insane that a digitally shot superhero movie looks like this.

Also, speaking of which, am I the only who tries to guess if a trailer for this movie is coming up during previews based on the gate weave effect on the MPAA logo?

• Like 2

I actually think this is a much better edited, more mainstream trailer than the previous one. The opening w/ Wayne being accused of "doing nothing" mixed with action is perfect. Batman, Catwoman and Riddler all look great here, there is some real scale and legitimate action. 

This is going to open big. 

• Like 1

This is probably the best "blockbuster" trailer that I have seen in quite some time, perhaps since Trailer 1 for INFINITY WAR. In terms of quality of editing, quality of footage, tone and scale that are shown, pacing, etc - this is really well done. The opening car chase looks straight out of a Michael Bay movie, the rest looks like a combo Fincher and Nolan.

I actually think this should have been the trailer released last time that everyone was amped about. WB randomly dropping this in the middle of a Monday doesn't seem designed to achieve major trailer views...

Maybe this will play on MNF?

Edited by excel1

7 hours ago, RiddlerXXR said:

How come? What is bringing down your interest?

Well firstly the severe lack of Nirvana. 

But actually the action doesn't look good(especially the hand-to-hand), and I'm not a huge fan of the Court of Owls storyline which this seems to be leading to. 

Much better than the second trailer, you actually get more of a sense of the characters and story in this one whereas the last one just seemed to be endless action shots with no context to appease the Comic Con crowd. I still think the original teaser trailer is the best though, that built hype for me more than any trailer in recent memory.

Cant wait for March!

I do wonder what villains Matt Reeve will consider for a potential sequel. We'll have to rule out fantastical villains like Mr Freeze, Poison Ivy, Clayface etc but characters like Hugo Strange, Hush and Mad Hatter are possibilities along with the Court of Owls.