Eric Duncan

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

16 hours ago, Hatebox said:

Saw a big billboard at a major London train station just now. Seems unusual they're doing that kind of marketing two months out but I guess WB are taking this seriously.

It was telling that they quietly moved this out of 2021 just a few weeks before announcing that the year's entire theatrical roster would be sacrificed to the HBO Max day and date release format.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shanks said:

Just watched the Batman Begins and wow, I am not sure how they will top it. I went ahead and watched the trailer from 2005 too and it's way better... 

On side note - Why is 'The Batman' film talks about "Young" Batman when Batman Begin had a younger Actor and was pretty much rock solid Genesis story.

Same way Craig was scripted as the "young" starter Bond at 38 in CR while Connery was 32 in Dr. No and just 37 by his fourth Bond film and Lazenby was 29 playing a veteran who married and was widowed.  Collective amnesia to serve the new narrative. :ph34r:

• Like 1

Why was that even a question about WB moving Batman? Covid impacts adult dramas, its been minimal in impacting big tentpole movies, i mean Venom Carnage made more or less the same exact domestically as the 1st one and that too with lots of competition. If studios are gonna delay every time cases start rising a bit then they should just shut down operations for good cause this isn't going away

2 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Same way Craig was scripted as the "young" starter Bond at 38 in CR while Connery was 32 in Dr. No and just 37 by his fourth Bond film and Lazenby was 29 playing a veteran who married and was widowed.  Collective amnesia to serve the new narrative. :ph34r:

And then just two movies later the gimmick was that Craig's Bond was old and past his sell-by date. :lol:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

And then just two movies later the gimmick was that Craig's Bond was old and past his sell-by date. :lol:

Craig's Bond had such a weird arc

Movies 1 and 2: Young agent who is a wildcard 

Movie 3: Over the hill

Movie 4: So over the hill he retires at the end

Movie 5: Dead

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

All those adventures with Felix that they fondly recalled in NTTD but we never saw must have aged him terribly.

Edited by Hatebox

13 hours ago, grim22 said:

I mean it's literally copy and paste of Bale's Batman arc but extending the last movie into 3 different movies

Movies 1 and 2: Young vigilante

Movie 3: Already old and retired at start, comes back from retirement and then "dead" by the end but not really

4 hours ago, Maggie said:

I really don't think this is making 1B. Hope i'm wrong, but the covid situation will prevent it from achieving 1B, plus too many Batmans lately

It's  first Batman solo  in 10 years,even  including bvs and jl,it's  new Batman  film in  5 years.In 5 years,Sony  already have 3 spiderman films.Matt Reeves says  this film takes five years to complete.it's a long journey.it's the first  Batman film recently 

Edited by SliverS

7 hours ago, Maggie said:

I really don't think this is making 1B. Hope i'm wrong, but the covid situation will prevent it from achieving 1B, plus too many Batmans lately

There's no such thing as too many Batmen, according to Warner Bros.  ...Which is why we're getting at least three live-action ones on screen this year!  

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Shanks said:

Just watched the Batman Begins and wow, I am not sure how they will top it. I went ahead and watched the trailer from 2005 too and it's way better... 

On side note - Why is 'The Batman' film talks about "Young" Batman when Batman Begin had a younger Actor and was pretty much rock solid Genesis story.

Batman Begins an all-time BAD marketing campaign which was widely loathed upon release. Though I have always wondered how much higher it would have opened if WB's choice #1 the much more famous (at the time) Josh Hartnett had accepted the role.