Eric Duncan

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

4 hours ago, Menor Reborn said:

Begins is the best Batman movie for me. The character of Batman is way more compelling in that film.

Well, it's the best of Nolan's bunch, for me.  

3 hours ago, grey ghost said:

The hook for me is the first legit detective Batman movie seemingly set in the Se7en universe.

How that's not enough for other Batman fans I'll never know.

Well, we don't know how much the "detective" element will be privileged until we see it, do we?  😉

Fans have wanted this element for years, and it gets consistently avoided in favor of psychosis and action...

• Like 2

Iron Man Three is probably the most "detective" heavy SH movie (at least of the current era) that I can think of. The Batman movies have largely neglected that aspect of the character for whatever reason. Hopefully this film changes that.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Saul Goodman said:

WB loves over estimating for sure!

And so do a lot of people on the internet/this site for that matter. So many people thinking that this is gonna make a billion dollars, and I'm sorry but I just dont see that happening. It'll do good but it wont be breaking a bunch of records.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Madhuvan said:

Going by response so far this movie is easy Billion unless movie turns bad ir divisive 

Or if there are mass shutdowns.

I think it is going to do very well tho. It has consistently been placing at the top or near the top of Most Anticipated lists. It will be fun to see if @JWR's club succeeds.

• Like 1

Just watched the Batman Begins and wow, I am not sure how they will top it. I went ahead and watched the trailer from 2005 too and it's way better... 

On side note - Why is 'The Batman' film talks about "Young" Batman when Batman Begin had a younger Actor and was pretty much rock solid Genesis story.

Edited by Shanks

2 hours ago, Hatebox said:

Saw a big billboard at a major London train station just now. Seems unusual they're doing that kind of marketing two months out but I guess WB are taking this seriously.

Yep, they're taking it serious. With the lackluster BO performances of WB movies last year ( same day release on HBO Max ) they're going all in for this movie. 

• Like 1