Eric S'ennui

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

32 minutes ago, BruiseCruise said:

Weren't WB execs super confident about BvS?

There was a rumor that came from a random blog online that spread about execs watching it and giving it an standing ovation. It became a really spread urban myth but it was most likely not true and the validity of it was disputed by pundits and journalists at the time.

• Like 1

Vaguely remember bad word percolating for BVS quite some time before release. Deadline released an article about how it essentially had a 400m budget, didn't they? The day social media reactions were allowed shall live in infamy.

The 2nd trailer released December is what truly killed the buzz, though

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 21C said:

Social embargo will definitely be brought forward just because it makes no sense having both at the same time. They did that for Wonder Woman, Justice League and Aquaman where the social and review embargo were set at the same time and then they moved the social embargo up to 5-6 days before reviews. WW84 and The Suicide Squad are slightly different due to Covid related timelines.

1 hour ago, Maggie said:

Saw a tweet that it's starting screening for critics tonight.  WB evidently have a strategy in place, they want the last two weeks to bombard the media with reviews and reactions. I'm not worried about the reviews, everyone has said it's a good movie

I’m not worried about reviews either, but letting positive word of mouth spread as soon as possible would be a good way of ensuring that the movie opens big.

4 hours ago, 21C said:

There was a rumor that came from a random blog online that spread about execs watching it and giving it an standing ovation. It became a really spread urban myth but it was most likely not true and the validity of it was disputed by pundits and journalists at the time.

I knew the was BS because top level execs simply do not behave like that at in house screenings.

21 hours ago, Macleod said:

I'd bet that NWH cost at least $100 more, all said and done.  More like $300 mil.+ 

Newsflash: Batman IS depressed...except in Batman & Robin (1997) !  

Batman being dark, moody and not a happy guy is central to the whole Dark Knight concept of the Batman.

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

Even with embargo seems like some people can't hold themselves. Be careful if you don't want to know the surprises before seeing the movie.

I don't have sympathy for people who spend 24/7 on websites about a movie, and then complain that they are being spoiled.

Spend a lot of time on fansites, you need to expect to be spoiled. You don;t want to be spoiled, avoid the fansites. Problem solved.

• Like 1