Impact

Scenes people clapped at

About 20 years ago there was a Julia Roberts movie called Sleeping with the Enemy. One of those she married the perfect man but he's really not type thrillers that show up on Lifetime. Well anyways, I was about 17 at the time, and saw it with a bunch of friends. About 3 or 4 rows in front of us was a group of maybe 6 or 7 African American women watching the film. Well these women started talking during the film. "He's no good girl!!!""You don't have to take that from him!!!""Shoot him the head!!!"Well by the end we were all getting into it. Yelling and hollering, probably the most fun I had at a movie.

Edited by DAR
  • Like 1

The very end of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Not because the audience loved the movie, but because Indiana Jones takes his hat back at the very last second before Shia The Beef could put it on his head (the entire audience was groaning when they saw him holding it and about to put it on).

• Like 1

I am not surprised at any of the films mentioned. Genre fandom-heavy films like superhero movies, LOTR, and HP always get claps and hoots. It's part of the fanboy/fangirl collective experience. What truly surprises me is when a non-fanboy-affair film gets a reaction like that. In all the years I have been going to the movies, I have only seen one instance of an audience erupting in applause: at the end of Jennifer Hudson's "And I'm Telling You I'm Not Going" number in Dreamgirls.

Doesn't really happen in Australia, people see it as unnecessary. However, a screening of Harry Potter DH1 got some good responses but I saw it with a cinema full of people from my High School so people got into it more knowing who was watching it with them.

Edited by pieman