stealthyfrog

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 | April 8, 2022 | Paramount | IDRIS ELBA IS KNUCKLES LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

On 2/16/2022 at 7:47 PM, WittyUsername said:

I’m sure a lot of people are expecting/hoping that the third movie has Shadow, but I’d much prefer they go with Metal Sonic. Maybe they can throw in Amy Rose while they’re at it. Based on what we’ve seen from Knuckles, I think Shadow would be redundant. 

Honestly I would be surprised if AR wasn’t in S3, because that feels like something a franchise at that point and try to get away from the sausage party. 

That one part in the coffee shop where Kunckles' CGI model just...tears up? Yeesh.

Otherwise...OMG THIS IS JUST LIKE THE GAMES AND ALL THE CHARACTERS AND THE CALLBACKS LETS GO

Sorry, Sonic is one of those franchises where I can't think objectively. It's got all the cool stuff from the games, my monkey brain is all happy.

• Like 3

The humor in the trailer wasn't really landing with me personally, but it does look like dumb fun I can see it being a real hit with kids. 

I'm thinking this will get better reviews than Uncharted, and considering how unexpectedly good that movie has been doing at the box office I can see Sonic 2 doing quite good as well. 

Who would have thought that Sonic could actually turn into a decent video game movie franchise? Maybe it's because they seem to be doing their own thing with these and not trying to directly adapt a specific story from the video games. 

Edited by clockwork

The new poster is pure art. All the feels came out when I saw it and reminded me of the game cover which I owned and played a ton when I was a kid. I am in disbelief on how fun this movie looks.

@EmpireCity am I crazy for thinking about 200M DOM total?

2 hours ago, clockwork said:

The humor in the trailer wasn't really landing with me personally, but it does look like dumb fun I can see it being a real hit with kids. 

Sonic's humor was the big annoyance in first movie. I thought I was just curmudgeonly because I absolutely loved Robotnik, but no, his quips and jokes aren't funny.