stealthyfrog

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 | April 8, 2022 | Paramount | IDRIS ELBA IS KNUCKLES LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

True lol but like I do expect Sonic 2 to skew older and probably have a more frontloaded ratio OW.

Diehard Sonic Fans will see it regardless of reviews and the rest of the 99,98% of its audience is comprised of familys who have kids who see Sonic go really fast and they love that and nobody of these parents looks at the RT score 😄

Is 56% RT even bad for a video game movie, tho?

Like, not even kidding here.   These things are on a scale, and I wouldn't think this would cause most folks to even blink an eye.

Edited by Porthos

1 hour ago, cooldude97 said:

it'll get like 200 reviews on RT so 21 reviews is nothing

although it pretty interesting watching how almost even the rotton and fresh rating are so far been a while since i since a movie ger reviews like this (although i do expect it to swing more towards the fresh rating once US pop culture/nerd outlets actually get there reviews out although i have no idea why they don't have there reviews out yet)

4 hours ago, Porthos said:

Is 56% RT even bad for a video game movie, tho?

Like, not even kidding here.   These things are on a scale, and I wouldn't think this would cause most folks to even blink an eye.

I guess it’s good for a video game film, bad for a family film. 

26 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I guess it’s good for a video game film, bad for a family film. 

Ehhhhh, maybe I just got spoiled by Aladdin's run but I don't think it's that bad for a family film.  I suppose Aladdin could be the exception to the rule, but, eh.  We'll see. 

Just doesn't feel like it would matter all that much in this case.  Call it a gut instinct not really based on hard data, if you will.

2 hours ago, Porthos said:

Ehhhhh, maybe I just got spoiled by Aladdin's run but I don't think it's that bad for a family film.  I suppose Aladdin could be the exception to the rule, but, eh.  We'll see. 

Just doesn't feel like it would matter all that much in this case.  Call it a gut instinct not really based on hard data, if you will.

I don’t think it’ll impact a film called “Sonic the Hedgehog 2” too much to be honest lol. 

It opens here tomorrow so will see what word of mouth is like. 

• Like 1

https://deadline.com/2022/03/sonic-the-hedgehog-2-france-opening-international-box-office-1234991929/

EXCLUSIVE: Paramount’s Sonic The Hedgehog 2 ran off with a $1.2M No. 1 start in France on Wednesday as the sequel begins early rollout at the international box office this weekend. In France, the little blue critter topped the previous film’s first day holiday release in the market by 30%.

In total, the Jeff Fowler-directed film opens in 31 markets this session, representing 50% of the offshore footprint. Today added such majors as Germany and Australia with Friday seeing debuts in the UK and Spain. North America launches on April 8.

Saw it at a sneak preview here. I think it's even better than the first one. A bit too long for a family movie, but it's fun, entertaining, people were laughing throughout the movie, with some heartwarming moments as well. Overall a very enjoyable movie for all. The reactions at my almost-sold-out show were also great. The crowd was a mix of family with kids, young adults as couples or group of friends, and fans of the game (who were very excited by the post-credit scene).

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Stuff involving humans was pretty bad

Stuff involving Sonic and his adventure was an absolute blast. Definitely better than the first one, and doesn't have any shame embracing the games aesthetic. 

Nice, what would you rate it?

I just went to see the movie at the cinema, I'm going out right now. He was very very good. I had no particular expectations, but the film holds its adventure very well throughout, a lot of very funny moments thanks to Jim Carrey in top form, very nice special effects and very good entertainment in itself ..

4/5.